Best Drugstore/Highstreet Mascaras

15 December 2013


I don't know about you, but I don't plan to fork out $40 for a high end mascara only to throw it away after 3 months, not only because mascaras expire very quickly and because the drugstore has so many wonderful (and cheap!) options available! So today I bring you my 4 best drugstore/highstreet mascaras.

Keep on reading after the jump!



1. Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara: This stuff is great, it's available in a non-waterproof version and a waterproof version. This is the non-waterproof version of this mascara and not only does it lengthen your lashes but it also adds thickness and volume. Besides that, it has a potion of some sort that makes your lashes grow after prolong use! If you're not used to large brushes then this may not be for you, as the brush for this mascara is HUGE, practically the size of my whole eye. I wouldn't recommend this mascara for your bottom lashes though as it can tend to smudge throughout the day. This mascara is on the pricier side for a drugstore mascara, retailing at $21.95, but if you want a mascara that lengthens, thickens, and makes your lashes grow then get your hands on this because it will change your life!



2. Bourjois Fantastic Volume Mascara: My favourite of the lot. This mascara has a really different, wacky looking brush that works great for really separating and lengthening each and every lash without any sort of clumping. It will take some getting used to as the handle is quite flat, but once you do, I can assure you that you will love it. This also works wonderfully on your bottom lashes and will not budge. This mascara is only available in a non-waterproof formula but regardless, I haven't experienced any major smudging or flaking. If you're looking for a mascara that thickens the lashes then skip out on this one, as it doesn't add much volume. Retail price: $20



3. Max Factor False Lash Effect: A cult classic, not only do makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge (whom I love) recommend this mascara, but it has a whopping 4.1 out of 5 rating on Makeup Alley and it's not hard to know why. This mascara comes with a plastic bristle brush, which I'm not usually a fan of, but with the formula of the mascara works great. This is another mascara that not only lengthens but thickens the lashes without clumping. It separates every lash and even coats those lashes you didn't even know existed! The packaging reminds me a lot of the Covergirl Lashblast, and so does the brush, but for some reason the Lashblast didn't work for me. This mascara retails for $24.95, thanks to Australia's crazy prices (seriously!?) but if you haven't found a holy grail mascara yet, then go check this out!



4. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Flared: This mascara is for the days where you want fluttery lashes but don't want anyone to know you're wearing mascara. It's great for a natural my-eyelashes-but-better look and it comes in a waterproof and non-waterproof formula. The brush is slightly curved so it really curls your lashes while lengthening and thickening them. But, if you're on the hunt for a mascara to add drama to your lashes, then this isn't for you. This mascara is the cheapest of the lot, and if you're lucky, you may be able to buy it on sale! Retail price: $19.25

What is your favourite mascara? Let me know in the comments below!

Leave a Comment

  1. I wasn't a fan of the The Falsies I found it far to wet and clumpy! I loveee the Max Factor one though :) it's easily my HG from the drugstore.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Shame about Australian prices though :/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! i haven't had much luck with maybelline's mascaras, I don't feel like it does a whole lot to my lashes sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.