Budget Buy: Essence Stay With Me Lipgloss Review

22 December 2013


L-R: Pretty Witty, Candy Bar, Hottest Pink
(Beauty Blogger problems, you have tape stuck on all of your makeup for photo reasons)
Hello beauties! Today I'm here to talk about a budget buy. The Essence Stay With Me Lipglosses, these bad boys retail at only $3.95 each, so they won't break the bank and you would probably have money left over to pay the rent and the rest of the house bills (spending rent money on makeup seems like a good idea at the time, doesn't it?). Oh wait, you want to know how well these products work? Well I hear you, keep on reading!

When I first opened these glosses, I was surprised by the oddly shaped applicator. I have to admit, it took me a little while to get used to, but now I actually prefer them over the standard doe foot applicator, as it gives me more precision and control.

These lipglosses have a very sweet scent, but isn't overpowering or sickly. What's great about these is that, not only are they very moisturising, but after the gloss wears off, it leaves a beautiful stain on the lips which lasts through anything! They apply quite sheer to the lips but you can really build up the colour and after 2 coats, it's very pigmented, almost like a very glossy lipstick.

One of the cons I would say is that they are quite sticky, but at $3.95, I'm not really complaining. Both Candy Bar and Pretty Witty don't have any glitter in it, but Hottest Pink has very finely milled glitter, nothing chunky. I'm not sure if these exact shades are available since Essence always discontinues their products and shades after they've been on the shelves for a while, but I know that the Justin Bieber collection has a few shades for this gloss so get your hands on them before they run out!

L-R: Candy bar, Pretty Witty, Hottest Pink
Essence products are available at selected Target and Priceline stores.

Have you tried these glosses? What are your favourite Essence products?

Leave a Comment

  1. Oh very pigmented indeed! I love their funky looking wand. I haven't tried Essence but I will soon. sounds like great prices and good quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to get your hands on some of their products! So good and so so cheap!

      Delete
  2. Super pretty colours!! I'm not big on lipglosses anymore but these seem like too good a bargain to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, but these are so lovely, you should definitely try them!

      Delete
  3. These lipglosses are amazing for the price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better then some of the more expensive ones in my opinion! :)

      Delete
  4. Love these!
    You have a really lovely blog. Maybe we could do an exchange follow?

    thebluepapaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.