Get UNready with me!

13 December 2013



Woah! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Well to get things started I've decided to show you all how I remove my makeup. As much as us women love looking pretty and beautiful, makeup removal is one of the worst chores, especially after a long night where all you can think about is "I really should have gone a size up on those heels that I wore", but as much of a chore it is, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how important it is to remove your makeup before you go to sleep. My makeup removal consists of quite a few products, but I would like to say, when I'm feeling EXTRA lazy (which is 99% of the time) I'll just use my Simple wipes and my Clarisonic.

Keep on reading after the jump!


1. This is the part where I think "damn my makeup looks pretty good, I don't feel like taking it off!", don't act like you haven't thought that before. If I'm not thinking that, then I'm crashing onto my bed crying "why!? Why did I decide to use waterproof mascara and all sorts of other hard to remove makeup tonight!?". After I cry it out, I reach for my Simple wipes for sensitive skin. If you know me, then you know that I have the most ridiculously sensitive skin in the world, these wipes don't irritate my skin at all, plus they won't break the bank! Hey, being a student doesn't give you many high end options. I remove my foundation and my lipstick as I find these can feel pretty harsh for the eye area, which we all know is very delicate.


2. You're probably wondering why I have baby oil in my makeup removal routine, well today, I'm going to tell you a secret that is-not-so secret because I'm sure many people already use this technique already. Baby oil is the worlds cheapest eye makeup remover! (statistics made up by me), not only is it great for removing waterproof makeup but it doesn't irritate the eyes either, and not only have I been blessed with sensitive skin, I've also been blessed with sensitive eyes! Hooray! The way I remove my eye makeup is usually I get 2 cotton balls or pads, whatever you're comfortable with, if you're using a cotton ball make sure you open it up, if that makes sense? Then I pour a decent amount of baby oil onto each cotton ball and place it on my eyes for about 30 seconds. Once time is up, remove the eye makeup like you usually would, and ta-da! your eyes will be rid of all makeup, and it won't leave ANY traces, believe me.


3. So after your eye makeup is removed and you start to get into the hang of things, you need to remove the makeup that still may be sitting on your skin, the makeup that the wipes couldn't remove. That is where the Dermalogica Precleanse comes in. Yes, it is a pretty pricey product, but it will last you forever! Not to mention it gets the job done, but this is an optional step which isn't absolutely necessary so you don't have to fork out $43 for it. The Precleanse is an oil cleanser which you apply on dry skin then wet your hands and work the product into your skin and it will emulsify and turn into an almost milky foam. It's great at removing thick foundations (e.g. Estee Lauder Double Wear) but even though many people use it to remove eye makeup, I feel as if my eyes start burning if I use it anywhere around the eye area, also, it leaves a residue on your face which leads me to my next step.


4. Now comes the major deep clean, the part which takes all the crap that is living inside your skin, out. My beloved Clarisonic, this nifty device will take out EVERYTHING that's hiding in your skin, it's a little terrifying. With my Clarisonic, I use the Olay Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, which is a cream cleanser that foams up when you rub it into the skin. Together, these products work like a dream at removing your makeup! I should tell you that my skin has transformed into oily/combination in the past year, and I've heard that the Olay cleanser can be very drying if used on non-oily skin types. After your 1 minute is up of the Clarisonic, I dare you to look at your brush head and not be freaked out by how much gunk was in your skin *cue creepy music*.


5. The last and final step, I can already hear you cheering. Moisturiser. Even though I have oily skin, moisturiser is key and is a step that no one should miss. I use the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion, which is hydrating but doesn't sit on top of the skin and absorbs very quickly. Usually before I go to bed, I like to slather a thick amount all over my face so I wake up with soft, supple skin! It's also really cheap, if I recall, I bought this 354mL bottle from Woolworths for $10. It also last forever, can you see the trend here? Products that last for awhile are my favourite kind of products.


So now that you have completed all these steps, you can now go to bed guilt free and feeling amazing! Just remember that everyone's skin is different, so what works for me, may not work for you. 

What's your get UNready with me routine? 

Leave a Comment

  1. Nice routine! I've only got onto simple recently. I got a sample of the wipes and i loved it! ^_^

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they!? The only ones that don't break me out lol!

      Delete
  2. i use baby oil to remove my make up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can ever fork out $40 for an eye makeup remover when baby oil works just as well :)

      Delete
  3. I have never thought to use baby oil on my eyes. I also have sensitive skin and every eye makeup remover that I have used just irritates my skin and gives me patchy dry spots!

    Since you have sensitive skin, you should look into using Trader Joe's Green Tea face wash with your clarisonic! My skin feels sooooo good after using the two together!

    Michelle Wore This

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't having sensitive eyes the worst!? I feel as if so many products make my eyes burn! Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately we don't have Trader Joe's here in Australia but I'll definitely try to find it online!

      Delete
  4. Yesss, another lover of Dermalogica PreCleanse! It is definitely not a necessary step, but it sure is a nice one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.