Best Drugstore/Highstreet Pink Lipsticks! (All Formulas)

20 January 2014


First of all, I would like to apologise for the terrible lighting in this photo, as it's very gloomy today in Sydney and the only place with decent lighting was the kitchen (not the ideal place for blog photos), so now that you have (hopefully) forgiven me, lets get started!

Today I have my top pink lip products from the drugstore. If you're one of those girls that look more like the Joker and less like Marilyn Monroe with red lipstick on, then pink is the perfect colour for you! It's a perfect shade for those just starting out into the bold lip phase and it's a universal shade that flatters everyone, so lets get into it!









Mirenesse Velvet Lip Moisture Shine / Candy Kiss: Okay, not exactly a drugstore product but I couldn't leave it out! If you're not a huge fan of lipstick then this product is perfect. It's a lip lacquer which has the formula of a gloss but a pigmentation of a lipstick, and boy does this make your lips look amazing. It has a flat doe foot applicator, but I suggest using a lip brush to apply this since it can be VERY messy, believe me. It gives intense shine and once it's worn off, it leaves a nice stain on the lips. Downside is, as mentioned before, is that it's very messy and doesn't have the best staying power. If you eat it will go everywhere. To give you an example, once I was wearing this and my nephew (who was 3 months at the time) decided to run his hands over my lips which completely smeared this product all over my face. But, if you don't have a baby nephew/niece/son/daughter etc, then go for it!



Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids / Shocking Coral: If you're looking for something a little bit more brighter, then this lipstick colour is a winner. I will admit, this colour does not look so great on my skin tone (lets just say, I start to resemble Nicki Minaj), but this will look beautiful on people with paler skin tones. It glides on smoothly and doesn't sink into lip lines, and it also leaves a nice matte stain on the lips once worn off. The lasting power is excellent and they have a nice shade range if this colour isn't for you. It isn't drying at all and it gives a nice satin finish.

 Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede / Trendsetter: Need something long lasting? Then you can stop searching, because this is it! This lipstick is waterproof, kiss proof (haven't tested but I'm sure it is!), smudge proof, life proof. Once applied properly, it will not budge. I emphasise on properly because there is a trick to apply this lipstick for it to last as long as you want. When you first apply this on you lips, it will be very streaky but don't panic! Apply a layer then blot your lips with a tissue, then apply another layer and blot again. Repeat as many times as necessary, I usually do 3 layers, and once your done, this lipstick is going to be like a faithful boyfriend and stay right where it is. I have to be honest, this lipstick feels very moisturising once applied but after a while it can be very drying. It starts off as a satin finish but by the end of the day it dries to a matte.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks / 106: Oh Rimmel, you certainly know how to make a beauty blogger fall in love. As you all know, I'm in love with the Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks, so when I found out Miss Moss released a matte version I ran to Priceline as fast as my legs (or car) could take me and picked this up, and I was not disappointed! As usual, these lipsticks smell devine, it has a very juicy scent that smells good enough to eat (please don't eat this lipstick). This lipstick is perfect for someone who wants something a little more daring as it's extremely opaque and one swipe is enough to do the job. It is completely matte and isn't too drying, and the best thing about it, is that it would suit every skin tone! Hooray for diversity! It's a cool pink with blue undertones but would work for people with warm undertones as well (e.g. me).


Revlon Lip Butter / Sweet Tart: So maybe you don't want something too opaque and matte, never fear, Basmah is here! (too corny?), The Revlon Lip Butters are perfect for someone who wants a shade that they can wear everyday and isn't too high maintenance, it's also particularly good for someone who is just starting out in makeup! Sweet Tart is a candy pink that looks beautiful on women with pale to olive skin tones, not only is it a perfect shade for those no-makeup-makeup days, but it's also very moisturising. Although not long lasting, these lip butters have the consistency of a lip gloss and pigmentation of a lipstick. Be careful though, these babies melt faster then ice so always keep it somewhere cool.

Maybelline Baby Lips Color / Pink Lolita: Okay, I'm just going to put this out on the table here. I absolutely despise the original Maybelline Baby Lips, they didn't moisturise my lips, instead they DEHYDRATED them even further, and they left a funny film on the surface of my lips, so when I received this as a prize from a Maybelline competition, I was a little hesitant. But I was pleasantly surprised, although I wouldn't exactly use this as a lip balm, it's great if you want something that can perk up your face in little to no time. It's very low maintenance, pop it in your bag and you're out the door, but it also gives a beautiful colour to your lips, almost a my-lips-but-better shade. If you're a girl looking for something to wear to school
(I went through PE as well, and boy, I was not a pretty sight) or something that is incredibly affordable then I highly recommend checking these out, for the price you pay it works very well!

L-R: Mirenesse-Candy Pink, Maybelline-Shocking Coral, Rimmel -06, Revlon Ultimate Suede-Trendsetter, Revlon Lip Butter-Sweet Tart, Maybelline Baby Lips-Pink Lolita


So that's it! My top drugstore/highstreet (except for one) pink lipsticks! I hope I've helped you decide what to buy as it can be very overwhelming seeing all those shades in front of you. What's your favourite pink lipstick?

Leave a Comment

  1. These are all so gorgeous! The Revlon lip butter looks gorgeous. I stocked up on Baby Lips while Chemist Warehouse had 50% off, I picked up Pink Lolita - can't wait to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? Ooh I always feel as if I miss Chemist Warehouse sales since the closest one is a while away from my place, they always have the best sales!

      Delete
  2. I might try your technique with the revlon colorstay lipstick. I always apply a lip balm first because like you said it goes streaky! i thought it was because my lips were too dry. I have the same colour and I really like the colour so I'll give it a second shot! I NEED that maybelline vivids shade though! I've looked at it almost every time I go makeup shopping and I still haven't bought it!
    Great post!

    melaniface.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely freaked out when I first applied it because it was so streaky! Maybe don't apply lip balm as it doesn't have a surface to stick to? Hopefully it works out! x

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to give all these lines a try!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope they work just as well for you as they do for me, thank you for reading lovely!

      Delete
  4. Ooh fabulous post! I own the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart and the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Lolita and I think they are both gorgeous. Like you said, pink is just such a universally flattering colour that every woman should be confident to wear :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think anyone can rock anything if they're truly confident! Thank you for reading! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.