January Favourites!

30 January 2014



I know it's overused, but didn't 2014 start yesterday? Where does all the time go! This month was a great start to the new year, I gained some wonderful followers (hello!) and I discovered some amazing products that have snuck their way into my favourites this month! Now that you're probably itching to find out why I love these products, I won't keep you waiting any longer and get right into it!




David Babaii Miracle Elixir // I've had this product for so long now but never got around to using it. I usually don't like putting a different array of products into my hair because I feel they can weigh down my already thick hair, but after cutting my hair and deciding on keeping it healthy I reached for this product. It's an argan oil and it comes in a convenient spray bottle so you don't apply too much, resulting in greasy hair. It smells heavenly, and makes my hair feel so nice and soft afterwards. I like to take a shower and apply this to the ends of my hair while it's still damp. Even though it's an oil, it isn't heavy or thick at all. It's a very fine mist which helps reduce frizz and damage to the hair. It's also sulphate free, paraben free, petrochemical free (whatever that is), and you can use it on coloured hair! Not only that, they don't test on animals, yay!


Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant // My go to deodorant for those hot, sweaty days. This deodorant isn't a roll on or a spray, the only way I can describe this is a cream or gel formula. The way it works is, you twist the bottom of the bottle two times and it releases the product, which you then apply to your underarms. This is great if you're someone who doesn't like reapplying deodorant throughout the day as this will keep the sweat at bay for about 12 hours. It's very moisturising and smells very fresh and cucumber like. The only gripe I have with this product is that the deodorant starts to release product itself without twisting the bottle if left in a room for a couple of hours, which results in product wastage. So Dove, if you're listening, then fix that issue please! Because other than that, this is a great anti-perspirant.

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Night Cream // Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking. "Basmah, you're only 18, why do you need an anti-aging cream?", truth is, I received this from BeautyHeaven a very long time ago and I just recently got into it. I started seeing fine lines around my mouth, and it may be me being self conscious, but I decided it is time to prevent those pesky lines forming on my face, I mean, I'm only 18! Now before I even get into why I love this product, I would like to point out that it is priced at a whopping $150! So now that you have gotten your breathing back on track and have stopped hyperventilating, I will tell you that it is completely worth it. The first night I applied this moisturiser, I didn't really have high hopes for it, as I usually never have high hopes for skin care products,  but I woke up the next day with radiant skin! It was something out of a Clearasil ad, the birds were chirping, the sun was shining and my skin looked amazing. I've been using this for a month now and I can truly say that I freaking love this stuff and I'll probably do a full review soon so keep a look out!

Alpha H Micro Cleanse // Congested skin? Under the skin pimples? Flakey, rough texture? Does this all sound a little too familiar? Before I start sounding like a tv advert, I should say that this scrub helps with all of those annoying problems. This scrub works beautifully at making your skin feel nice and smooth, and it helps with those irritating pimples that live underneath the skin but are too chicken to come out to the surface. As with all Alpha H products, this scrub contains AHA's, and is said to only be used twice a week, as it can probably cause more harm than good if used anymore than that. I've also heard that you can use this as a mask, but I can't comment as I haven't tried it before, but if you have then let me know how it has treated you!

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation // This is the new formula of the foundation, and I've tried the old formula as well. When compared to the old formula, there is a huge difference in coverage and texture. This new formula is more of a light to medium coverage and the consistency isn't as thick. While the old formula has very full coverage and is more of a matte finish as opposed to the satin finish the new formula gives. I've been enjoying using this foundation for those days I don't really feel like wearing a thick layer of foundation, it gives a flawless, natural finish and lasts for a good while. I would say that if you're on the oilier side, then make sure you set your foundation with powder otherwise you will start to see oil halfway through the day.

Revlon Powder Blush Smokey Rose // Best drugstore blush hands down. This is such a beautiful deep pink shade that would look great on almost all skin tones. It blends beautifully and is quite pigmented. If you're looking for a blush that's pretty affordable and is readily available then I highly recommend you to check this out. It's a matte blush, which I like to use when I use shimmery eyeshadow to avoid looking like Tinkerbell threw up on me.

So that is it for the month of January! I hope you all enjoyed reading this post, and have added some new products to your wishlist! What are your favourite products for the month?

Leave a Comment

  1. That deodorant looks kind of creepy haha. It sounds really good though, people seem to swear by it. It's good that you like the new Colorstay. I still have the old version and love the full coverage that it gives. Not sure if the new version will be any good for me if its only medium coverage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look weird doesn't it! haha, I will say that the new colorstay still ends up covering my blemishes but it does have significantly less coverage than the old colorstay!

      Delete
  2. Always love looking at other gals' faves, but yours are especially delish Bas - I suffer from congestion, no pimples, just blocked pores from time to time so your alpha h suggestion is now on my list along with the David Babaii hair oil My hair SO needs this lol. Love this post hon, I can so identify with the Tinkerbell moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Kat! The hair oil is so wonderful, and you'll want to keep sniffing your hair because it will smell so great!

      Delete
  3. Great favourites! I especially like the colour of that blush! It looks like something I would definitely go for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, and it blends so beautifully as well!

      Delete
  4. Smokey Rose is lovely! I really want to try that prevage cream now, it sounds like a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Prevage cream is amazing! So pricey though, I'll probably be saving up for a while just to repurchase once I run out lol!

      Delete
  5. I'm so dissapointed to hear that the Colorstay foundation has changed its formula! I am currently towards the end of my second bottle of what has been my favourite foundation I've ever used and by the sounds of things I'm definitely not going to like the new formula. Oh well.
    Glad to hear you're like the Elizabeth Arden night cream so much! I've got one on my wishlist for my birthday and I'm only 21! haha But prevention is key or so I like to say.
    Hope you're having a lovely day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well I did see priceline and chemist warehouse selling the old formula, so maybe stock up before they get discontinued? Definitely! They say you should use anti ageing creams early on to prevent lines from forming, and hopefully you'll like the prevage night cream, it really is wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about Alpha H, and I really should get around to trying the brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the scrub! A lot of their products don't work well with my skin, but the Micro Cleanse is excellent!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.