REVIEW: NARS Eyeshadow Duo Surabaya

14 January 2014


As I was pondering on what to blog about, a sudden realisation hit me, when boxing day came around I decided to splurge on the NARS eyeshadow duo in Surabaya and having it for a few weeks now I thought you would all be interested in a review. So, is it worth the price tag?






Considering this is one of Kim Kardashian's favourite eyeshadows should make you want to keep on reading. Love her or hate her, the woman's makeup is always on point! The NARS eyeshadow duo in Surabaya features two eyeshadows described as a brown sugar and chestnut colour, both are warm toned and both have very fine shimmer but nothing too crazy. Now, considering I paid a cool $55 on this duo, I expect it to glide on like butter and be crafted by the hands of Zeus himself. Even though this was not crafted by Zeus, it does in fact glide on like melted butter. The consistency is very smooth and this eyeshadow blends like a dream! Both are INCREDIBLY pigmented, and I mean a tap of your brush is all you need before you start looking like someone punched your eyes out. My suggestion would be to practice with this eyeshadow before hand because it could go down hill very fast, since these are quite dark shades and have red undertones, it is very easy to apply too much.

I really love the packaging for NARS, simply because they know how important it is for a woman to have a mirror handy, if you're someone who travels a lot (lucky you!) and enjoy neutral colours then definitely check this out! I wouldn't wear these eyeshadows during the day since they are very dark, but if that is your thing then you go girl! Or boy! These eyeshadow colours are great for a night time look and since the colours are so diverse, both these colours will look great no matter what your skin or eye colour is.

When it comes to creasing, I don't usually have a problem since my eyelids aren't oily, but reading reviews online, other people haven't had much problem with creasing and I'm sure it can always be prevented by eyeshadow primer underneath.

So I've listed all the pros, and there are many of them, but lets move on to the dreaded cons or con since there is only one of them. The price.  I do feel as if $55 is a lot of money to spend on two eyeshadows that are brown and neutral, considering I have so many colours that are similar anyway. I mean, with that amount of money I'm sure you can buy a whole eyeshadow palette if you look hard enough.

Regardless, you get what you pay for, these eyeshadows are excellent quality and are like nothing I've ever used before when it comes to consistency and pigmentation. Is it worth the price? I say, if you already have hundreds of browns lying around in your collection then maybe skip this one, but if you're someone who doesn't mind paying a lot of money for good quality and know that you will get a ton of use out of it, then I highly recommend it! Oh and not to mention these would make the perfect eyeshadow combination for Autumn.

So that's it! Have you tried NARS eyeshadows? Do you think it's worth the price?

Leave a Comment

  1. Wow this is a great little duo! The colours do look gorgeous, and your right about Kim K - whether you love her or hate her, her makeup is always gorgeous! Might have to check this out next time I'm in Mecca! Thanks for the review! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.