The Lipstick Tag!

28 January 2014


Yay! Before I get into the questions, thank you to the beautiful Sarah from All Her Pretty Little Things for tagging me! If you're not following her already, then you should definitely check her out. Her blog is so much fun to read, and she always writes great posts!

I'm a lipstick junkie, I have about a million lipsticks all the same colour and some that I picked up randomly "just because", so for me, this is the perfect tag, considering my obsession with lipsticks. So without further ado, here are my answers!


1. How many lipsticks do you own?
Without counting lip glosses, I own about 35-40 lipsticks (eek!)

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I have to think back for this one, I vaguely remember my first lipstick being a Napoleon Perdis lipstick in the colour Boston, I remember receiving it for free with some sort of promotion that was going on at Napoleon Perdis. At the time I was probably around 15? Which at that age, I used to steal my mum and my sisters makeup, now it's the other way around!

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
I would say Rimmel, but they don't have the best shade range so I would have to go with Revlon. I've never tried MAC lipsticks (I know, I know, I'm judging myself too), so considering the amount of shades Revlon has, and the different type of formulas, it would have to be the winner here.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?



Should this even come as a surprise? The Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 19. It's a perfect my-lips-but-better colour, and it works great on those days where I want a more natural lip colour going on! Plus it doesn't wash my skin out, which is always a plus, considering nude lipsticks can make me look sallow and well....as if I haven't slept since 1924?

5. What is your favourite finish?
I prefer matte finishes but they can be so uncomfortable to wear! So for a day to day basis, definitely a satin finish, as they keep my lips moisturised and don't dry them out. Of course, if it comes to bold lip colours then I prefer mattes, and painfully put up with the aftermath.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart!

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?

I'm extremely proud to say that I only have two! Considering that I usually have my whole collection in my purse, this is a great achievement for me. I have the Burt's Bees Lip Gloss in the shade Evening Glow, and one of my absolute favourites, Chi Chi Lip Gloss in Bimbo, which I'm not sure if they even make anymore, but if they do, then pick this up! It's amazing. It gives a lovely tinted gloss to your lips without being overly sticky, and it lasts FOREVER.

8. What is your favourite red lip colour?



I won't say this is my favourite of all time, since I don't think I've found the perfect red yet, but out of my collection, this is the one I like the most. It's the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 10, and it's an old Hollywood, true red shade. If you like the Marilyn Monroe look, then I would say this is the perfect shade for you!

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
 I bought these acrylic drawers from Officeworks and they seem to do the job just fine for my lip products and other bits and pieces! I wouldn't recommend them for big bulky items as they may not fit everything. I keep my makeup products on my dresser so they're easily accessible to me when I need to do my makeup on the go (which is all the time basically).

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
I was lusting after MAC Riri Woo, but didn't get around to buying it, so now I would say MAC Chatterbox. I really need to get my hands on a MAC lipstick, it's almost a crime for a beauty blogger not to have tried any!

Thank you once again to Sarah! This tag was so much fun to do!

I tag:
Melaniface
YouReview
Hello, Mandy

And anyone else who would love to do this tag! If you do the tag, then comment down below and I'll love to have a look at it! Hope you all had a great Australia Day & public holiday!

Leave a Comment

  1. Thanks for the tag! Such a cute post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Mandy! Looking forward to reading your post!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are so gorgeous! Your collection looks super organised :)
    I love that your mum steals your makeup now haha same story here. My mum is always pinching my eyeshadows (because I have one in every colour almost) to match her sari's! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I cleaned it up before I took the photos otherwise usually it's a mess lol! I know! She sometimes doesn't even give it back because apparently I already have enough and I should donate it to her instead haha!

      Delete
  3. Oh yay, thanks for tagging me! I love these posts! The shade of your most worn lipstick looks beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine Candice! Can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  4. Don't worry, I haven't tried any MAC lipsticks either! I might have to look into those drawers from office works too! Great Post & thanks for tagging me! I'm a big lipstick lover too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god! Haha, I thought I was the only one! You're welcome! x

      Delete
  5. I am loving your blog! I just found it and am reading through your posts and I just LOVE your reviews! You give such detail! <3

    Michelle Wore This

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! I'm glad you enjoy it and find it helpful! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.