Splurge VS Steal: Hair Masks

17 February 2014



If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I'm on a mission to keep my hair healthy, and as a result, I've been trying a vast array of hair masks. Just like your skin, your hair needs a mask once in a while as well, and if you're like me, and can be overwhelmed by all the choices, then I'm here to help, as today I'll be reviewing two hair masks that give you great results.


If you want to keep your hair nice and nourished, it isn't necessary to go out and spend all of your hard earned cash, as there are some great affordable options as well. Both these hair masks are excellent, in the way they make your hair feel, and the results you get after you use them, but in this post, I'm going to compare the two so you can decide which one you rather spend your money on.





Goldwell Rich Repair 60 Second Treatment - $20.95 // I love the Goldwell range, from their shampoos to their conditioners, they really do make excellent hair products, and this hair mask is no exception. This contains 200mL of product, and when you open the container, the first thing you will notice is the beautiful vanilla fragrance, which makes you want to sniff this all day long (I did not do that all....), the texture is quite gloopy, and thick, and you only need a pea size amount for the ends of your hair. Since this is a 60 second treatment, it's incredibly quick, and very handy if you're in a hurry to get somewhere and need a little extra moisture to your locks. You apply this to damp hair that has already been shampooed, and when washed out, you will be left with soft, silky hair. Overall this is a great mask if you want to spend a little more money on your hair.


Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Nourish Reconstruction Mask - $15.99* // What you really want to know is, does the steal compare to the splurge? I can proudly say, yes it does. The Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Nourish Reconstruction Mask is perfect for those who want a little extra TLC, as this works amazingly to liven up your locks. This mask also comes with 200mL of product, and the smell reminds me of baby powder, which I love. If you're looking for a product to add hydration, and to tame pesky flyaways then you really cannot go wrong with this option. Unlike the Goldwell treatment, you leave this mask on clean, wet hair for 3-5 minutes, and I can tell you, after washing this mask out, I could not stop feeling my hair. It was so soft! It will also last forever, since you only need a very small amount. The formula is more of a cream, and washes out easily so you aren't left with weighed down hair, plus, if you go to Priceline now, they have this mask on sale for $10!

Overall, I prefer the Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe mask, as it's more of an affordable option, and does exactly what the Goldwell mask does. When I first started using hair masks, I mentally kicked myself for not trying them sooner, they really do make a world of a difference to your hair. So if you feel that your hair is looking a little lack luster, then definitely look into a good hair mask, it will change your life!

What are your favourite hair masks?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.

Leave a Comment

  1. What i great post! This is exactly what i was after! And two products that I couldn't decide between! Did the Toni & Guy one help with flyaways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped! Yes, it definitely did, you start to notice a difference once you use it regularly. I also like to leave it in for half an hour sometimes as an intense treatment and it works wonders!

      Delete
  2. I have the Goldwell one which I do really like but I feel like I only yield good results when I use a conditioner afterwards. I will probably check out the Toni & Guy one once I finish it up, I also hear L'oreal does some really good ones!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the L'oreal masks but I've heard great things about them also, it's great that there are so many affordable options out there that work wonderfully, and if not better than the more expensive ones!

      Delete
  3. thanks for recommending a affordable alternative ^_^
    I've been stuck on Loccitane's hair mask even since one of my workmates got me buying. It's been burning my wallet a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't even know that L'Occitane did hair masks, but I can imagine that they would be pretty pricey!

      Delete
  4. I am nearly finished with the Loreal Elvive Re Nutrition Masque (just 2-3 more uses of it) and have been really enjoying it! The Toni & Guy one sounds great, its on my shopping list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I've heard wonderful things about L'oreal hair masks, maybe I could add it to my growing collection haha!

      Delete
  5. My hair always needs some TLC I swear! Thanks for the great post doll! If you're after a great hair mask, you should try the Macadamia Nut one and there's also a great Asian one called Essential Nuance Airy which is super affordable ($10 from SaSa.com) :D It's smells delish too :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the only one, my hair is so high maintenance it's insane! They sound great, I'm a sucker for anything that smells nice, so those two have definitely gone on my wishlist! Thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete
  6. I've been using the Macadamia one for ages and before that, another macadamia one by Organix. Oh and also Kerastase hair mask. Loved them all but yeah need to find cheaper alternatives! Great recs xx

    www.suelovexx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try the Macadamia hair mask for ages, but I can never force myself to pay so much for it! Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  7. Great post! I have a L'oreal Hair Mask but now I think I might try the Tony and Guy one! xx Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works out for you! x

      Delete
  8. I need a hair mask, that's for sure. I don't really put in a lot of effort for my hair but I really should. I am long due for a hair cut and my hair is so dry. The Tony and Guy one sounds awesome x MakeMeUpMandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, I probably get a haircut once a year which is terrible but I'm so lazy when it comes to taking care of my locks, but it's good that there are masks out there that work in the time span of 5 minutes!

      Delete
  9. Love this post, I regularly use hair masks because I have dry damaged hair, will try Tony and Guy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know how it works out for you! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.