Beauty Scenario Tag!

17 March 2014




First off, apologies for not uploading over the weekend, we've been having some pretty bad thunderstorms here in Sydney, and I was without electricity for a veeerrry long time. I thought I should do a tag post, even though no one tagged me (how sad does that sound?) because I was reading Lily Pebbles blog and she created the Beauty Scenario tag, and not one to do tag posts too often, I thought I'd give it a go!


You have to get rid of all your foundations, and only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

This one is easy. For high end, it would have to be my all time favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear, since it's the one I reach for the most when I want my skin to look flawless and airbrushed. For drugstore, I would want to choose one that has more of a natural coverage so I can have some variety in the mix, which means I would go for either Bourjois Healthy Mix or Revlon ColorStay Whipped (it's so hard to choose!)

You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

Being me, I would most probably ignore it. Considering the situation (you're in a job interview!), and not being the most confrontational person, I would let it slide and hope someone else would tell her instead.

You're not feeling yourself and you need a pick me up lipstick, which one do you go for?

This is tricky, since lipsticks are always the hardest to pick — I take an hour in the morning to choose what lipstick I want to wear, which results in me becoming late, but I would have to say Revlon Ultimate Suede in the shade Trendsetter. It's a cool toned dark pink, and I find it flatters my skin tone really nicely, and livens up my whole look.

You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

Well, I'm still technically a teenager, but if I go back to when I was 14-15, I would wear a lot less eyeliner. I went through a phase in life where I basically coloured my eyes with thick, black eyeliner. While I think I looked really sexy and exotic, I actually just ended up looking as if someone punched me in both eyes.

You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length pixie lott hair cut but they hear you wrong and give you a pixie hair cut. Do you a) smile, say thank you, leave, call your mum and cry hysterically b) cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) complain to the manager and demand a refund.

Definitely A. It's happened before: the hairdressers have chopped all my hair off, charged me EXTRA, and me walking out the door smiling as if this haircut is the best thing that has ever happened to me. In actual fact, I'm raging inside my head, and as soon as I walk out that door, I'm in a fit of tears. 

Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

My Naked 2 palette hands down. It contains a matte black, and a whole range of neutral eyeshadows that I can easily create different looks with. Versatile + everything I need = win.

Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?

Probably my eyeshadow palettes. I mean, those things are expensive, plus eyeshadows are one of my favourite things about makeup, so I would be holding on to all hope that they haven't touched any of them. 

Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you haven't noticed b) ask them to repurchase it or c) secretly do the same to something of theirs

I would pretend I didn't notice, BUT, I wouldn't trust them enough to lend them my makeup again. I don't think I would ever ask someone to repurchase something for me, but I wouldn't be the most happiest person in the world if someone treated my things with zero respect. 

I tag:

Make sure to check out all those wonderful blogs! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if I haven't tagged you, feel free to do the tag as I love reading other peoples responses to tag questions!


Leave a Comment

  1. This is the first time that I'm seeing this tag, great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! Can't wait to do this ^_^

    I would definitely wear less eyeliner if I can go back to talk to my teenage self.. although my dad sorted my heavy eyeliner issue out pretty quickly haha.

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Lily! Haha, my parents always used to tell me that I wear too much, but I always thought that they were "jealous". So funny how delusional I was lol!

      Delete
  3. Estee Lauder Double Wear is sooooo good! I completely forgot how good this foundation is because i have been swapping and changing so much. Need to go and buy it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I can totally relate to eyeliner dramas from the early teen years...me and my friends wore black eyeliner to school when the whole emo craze was big...yuck, I want to go back and slap my former self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! By the end of the day it would have smudged so badly that I ended up resembling Taylor Momsen haha

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.