Brand Spotlight: MUA

9 March 2014


Another British brand post. I thought I should do another brand spotlight because this seemed too much of a good opportunity to pass up. If you don't know, MUA is a British makeup brand that is crazy cheap (the Colour Blast Eyeshadow was £2), and I have to say they have impressed me with every product I have tried so far.




Would you believe me if I told you that these blushes were $2 each? Well you better believe it. They aren't bad quality either, it's actually safe to say that these work better than my highly coveted Illamasqua blush. I have the shades Bubble Gum and Candy Floss, and let me tell you, these babies are pigmented. Don't do what I did and pick up so much on your brush that when applied, you end up looking like a clown. You only need to tap your brush in the product, which also means that this will last you a very long time.

Bubble Gum //  A cool toned pink blush which is universally flattering on all skin tones. Whether you have pale skin or dark, I would imagine that this colour will look good no matter where your skin colour lies. It's also a matte blush, which I love since winter is coming up and I like to transition from shimmery to matte as the weather gets colder. I do find that Bubble Gum is much more pigmented than Candy Floss, so out of the two, this is definitely my favourite.

Candy Floss // A purple, cool toned blush that has a slight shimmer to it, so unlike Bubble Gum, it isn't completely matte. With that said, the shimmer is very fine and doesn't show up too much on the cheeks like many other shimmer blushes do. As said before, this isn't as pigmented as Bubble Gum but it does give a nice flush to your cheeks if you're going for the natural look.

For both these products, the packaging is quite average and nothing special. I would say it feels quite cheap, but being priced at $2 each, you can't expect anything more.















Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint in Bring it Back // One of my favourite products out of them all. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take a photo of the product itself (it belongs to my sister and she took it home with her) , but for your imagination, it looks exactly like a Clinique Chubby Stick. This is a cream eyeshadow, but what makes it different is, it blends easily and it doesn't crease on my eyelids. As with all the other MUA products, this has great pigmentation and lasting power. This can be worn on its own and also as a base for your eyeshadows, which is how I typically like to use it. The shade is dark brown, and has very fine shimmer in it, and is something I wouldn't typically use in the day time, as it gives quite a dramatic look.

When compared to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, this beats it by far. I find that the Maybelline Colour Tattoos tend to dry out, and are very hard to blend, but this product is the complete opposite. If you didn't enjoy the Colour Tattoos, and have decided to give up on cream eyeshadows altogether, then don't lose hope, because this product will change your mind.



Glamour Nights Eyeshadow Palette // You can't talk about MUA without mentioning their eyeshadow palettes. The first time I used this palette, I was surprised at the consistency, and how easily I was able to blend the eyeshadows. I like that this palette has a variety of bright shades I can play around with, since I have many neutral toned eyeshadows but not many vibrant colours. I will say that if you aren't a fan of shimmer eyeshadows then this isn't for you, as all of the shades have glitter in them, but MUA has a load of palettes to choose from, so you can definitely find something that suits your needs!

If you read my previous review on the Sleek V2 Palette, you would know that I hated the packaging, and I would say that I'm not a fan of the packaging of this palette either. Pretty sure I'll end up bruising my fingers in the long run, and break all of my nails, as it's so difficult to open the lid.

L-R Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint, Blush in Candy Floss, Blush in Bubble Gum
Does MUA get my seal of approval? Hell yes. The quality is phenomonal compared to the prices, and the blush in Bubble Gum has now beat my Illamasqua blush in terms of performance. If you're looking for a makeup brand that not only works well, but won't empty your wallet in the process, then check them out!

Have you tried MUA products? What have been your favourite?

P.S. I just wanted to thank everyone for reading my blog, as Lacee & Lattes hit 10,000 views last week! It's crazy to think that many people have viewed my blog, and it would really be nothing without all of you lovely people commenting, and reading my posts! 

Leave a Comment

  1. I haven't tried anything from MUA yet, but they are so cheap! Maybe one day when I actually sit down and can be bothered to make an order haha. Their blushes sound great, but that eye tint looks amazing! The swatch looks almost duochrome-y? Very pretty.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's gorgeous! It gives an iridescent shimmer that looks beautiful but isn't too overpowering!

      Delete
  2. omg, $2!?!?!? I've never tried MUA but have heard many positive reviews online. I need to find them now!!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! You should definitely get your hands on some products!

      Delete
  3. Wait did you say their blushes are better than Illamasqua? Whoa! I've never tried Illamasqua but now I feel like maybe I don't need to haha. The MUA Undressed palette is my fave eyeshadow palette ever :) they have really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The lasting power, and the blendability is amazing! Especially taking in the fact that MUA blushes are $2 and Illamasqua are $28 haha

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.