Budget Buy: Natural Instinct Daily Moisturiser

29 March 2014



Remember how I said I want to try more organic products? Well...let's just say I'm taking baby steps into the natural world. Today's budget buy is going to be on the Natural Instinct Daily Moisturiser, which is jam packed with natural and skin-helping ingredients. Oh, and not to mention it's cheap, hence the title. Curious? I won't keep you waiting any longer, keep reading to find out why this product is so great!


If you read my February Favourites post, then you probably read that I was enjoying the La Prairie Skin Caviar Lux Cream. While that was a beautiful moisturiser, the price tag...not so much. $485 for a moisturiser? I'm beauty obsessed but I'm not crazy (I won a competition and received it as a prize), so when it ran out I was looking for a cheaper alternative, and I'm pretty sure I found it. Not only is it a whole $475 cheaper, it actually works better than La Prairie.

So the hunt for the perfect moisturiser began, I stepped into Priceline and was surrounded by choices and saw this lonely tube hiding in the bottom shelves, and remembering my pledge to try more organic products, I picked it up. Plus, it looked like it could need a friend. So $10 later, it was mine, and I walked out of Priceline feeling pretty satisfied, until I realised that I don't even know if this would work for my skin. Would it break me out? Would I look like a blotchy mess? No idea, but since I like to live life on the edge (not really), I decided to try it anyway.




First impressions: "This smells really weird and organic-y" which is my biggest gripe with organic products. I understand you don't want to add nasty ingredients, but there could be something you can add that improves the smell. Roses? Strawberries? I don't know, I'm not a moisturiser expert, but after a few uses you tend to get used to it anyway. The packaging is really nice and simplea squeezy tube with a flip top lid. If you're a traveller (lucky you!) then this is perfect, no mess, no annoying-but-really-pretty glass bottles, just a nice simple tube of moisturiser.



The consistency is goopy, but not so thick that it feels heavy on the skin. It absorbs very well, and as someone who is prone to acne and clogged pores, I can tell you that it gave me none of that. I actually found that it helped my skins overall appearance, and since it's filled with natural ingredients, it isn't harming my skin in the process. I do find that I have to use a little more than I usually would, because if I don't, my skin feels tight, which is weird because I have oily skin. So if you have dry skin, then steer clear, because this product isn't for you. After a month of use, I have less redness on my cheeks and nose area, and it has also helped in evening out my skin.

The ingredients include nettle, chamomile, burdock, rosehip, horsetail and lavender, and that's just to name a few. At $10, this is an excellent moisturiser, and is perfect for those who have oily skin. Did I mention that it's cruelty free?

What's your favourite moisturiser? Will you take the pledge to try more organic beauty products?


Leave a Comment

  1. You've been nominated for the Liebster Award again..because your blog is THAT awesome :)

    http://lipsticksandcoffee.wordpress.com/2014/03/29/liebster-award-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just wanted to let you know that I only found you're blog last week and I really love it!!! Keep posting and doing your thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Anna! I'm glad you enjoy reading x

      Delete
  3. I use this moisturiser too! It's pretty good. Rosehip does wonders for the skin. :)

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Makes my skin feel so nice and soft, and since it's incorporated in the moisturiser, I don't have to add an extra step to my skin care routine :)

      Delete
  4. I really liked this too! I've moved onto other things but it's a great affordable moisturiser I'd happily use again :) so glad it worked for you too xx

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Not many products suit my skin, but this has really worked wonderfully! x

      Delete
  5. I love finding new products that work well and don't cost a fortune! Great post.

    Rachel | AMomentInTime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.