Budget Buy: Sleek V2 Eyeshadow Palette

4 March 2014



My Sister recently went to England for a holiday, and naturally, I gave her a list of Sleek makeup to bring back home for me. If you don't know, Sleek is a British high street brand which is famous for its affordable prices, and good quality products, and having never tried them myself, but always hearing rave reviews, I was curious to get my hands on some Sleek Makeup. This isn't a review, as I haven't had it long enough to post a fair review, but more so on the product itself, and I will give my first impressions throughout the post.








The reason I was attracted to the V2 eye shadow palette, was all the shades were matte. For some reason, I don't have enough matte eye shadows and it seems that shimmer eye shadows are much more readily available than matte. This palette contains 12 eye shadows, and retails for AUD $9.99, which is insane, considering Revlon sells four eye shadows for around $24 (seriously Revlon? Get your act together!). I'm a huge fan of eye shadow palettes, rather than buying eye shadows individually. Not only are they great for travelling, but you also get more value for money.

When I was swatching these eye shadows, I couldn't help but be impressed with the consistency. They felt smooth, and blended beautifully, plus, most of the shades were very pigmented. I did feel let down by some shades as they were quite chalky, and didn't really show up true to pan. These shades were Highness, Dune and Pillow Talk (the white shade), but the rest performed great, and for $9.99, I'm not exactly complaining.

I think it's nice they included an applicator, and even though I don't use them, I understand that when you start out in makeup, these little sponges come in handy for when you don't have a million and one brushes you can reach for.

This palette contains a nice range of shades, from bold brights to neutrals, so there's something for everyone. After trying these eye shadows, I definitely understand the hype surrounding Sleek, and may just place a sneaky order of my own from their website for more eye shadows and blushes, because something tells me, this is just a start to a beautiful relationship.

L-R: Orbit, Ink, Highness, Noir, Dune, Pillow Talk

L-R: Thunder, Maple, Flesh, Paper Bag, Villan, Fern


Overall, I love this palette, and so far, I'm loving Sleek. Affordable prices, but no compromises when it comes to quality just makes this brand stand out from the rest. I will say that they should change their packaging to were I can easily open and close this palette, as with my lack of strength, it's very hard to open this product without feeling as if it would snap in half. Oh, and Sleek, if you're listening (or reading, I should say) then please launch your products in Australia without raising the prices by 80%. Sincerely, Me and the rest of the beauty community here Down Under.

Hope you enjoyed this post! I love reading about other peoples budget beauty buys, so leave a comment down below letting me know if you have tried Sleek Makeup, or any other beauty products on a budget that you love!

Leave a Comment

  1. Great post! I love sleek makeup for the price, I might have to try this one out. I have reviews coming up on my blog soon on the sunset palette and the blushes which I have way too many of! Great value for money though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! The quality is amazing for the price. Look forward to reading about it!

      Delete
  2. This would be so fun to experiment with. Id be interested in trying out the colour maple. I don't have a shade like that!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I don't have many purple or green shades so I'm really glad that this palette gives me some options!

      Delete
  3. One of my favourite palettes Basmah - mine unfortunately is disintegrating (the hinge broke) but the pans are sound and the pigmentation is phenomenal for matte shadows. I've had this little baby for almost 2 years and only started using Maple a few weeks ago - it's such a great shade, I can't believe I hadn't tried it before this! I mainly use these mattes for my crease, they stop shimmers from transferring to my hoods - the whole thing is unbeatable value :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the hinge broke, I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging as it's so hard to open! Great minds think alike, I also love to use mattes in my crease and shimmers on my lids, I feel it adds a little more drama to a neutral look! Thank you for the wonderful tip, hopefully ladies with hooded eyelids can benefit x

      Delete
  4. I'm such a huge fan of Sleek Makeup! I have most of their palettes as I'm just in love, and most of their blushes too hehe! Definitely make a sneaky purchase when you get a chance ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, considering they're so affordable just brings up the appeal more! Pretty hard to hold on to your wallet when it comes to Sleek haha x

      Delete
  5. Love Sleek! Have you tried any of their blushes? This palette has some nice colours, good to hear you like it. Totally agree about the packaging...it usually wrecks my nail polish aahhh :( haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! I wanted to try the blush by 3 in Lace, but apparently they were all sold out :(

      Delete
  6. What a great palette ^_^ I always prefer matte eye shadows. great colours to play around with, although I wouldn't know what to do with the yellow, maybe as a base??

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't know either! I probably would use it as a base. I guess it's one of those colours you need to play around with!

      Delete
  7. Those are really pretty colors! You could make some lovely eye looks <3
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a versatile palette, thinking of creating a look and doing a blog post on it!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.