February Favourites!

1 March 2014


I love writing favourites posts, because you don't actually realise how many new products you have been loving for the month until you write a blog post about it. This month has been great, I have gained wonderful opportunities, such as becoming the Beauty Writer for The Macleay Newsroom and writing articles over there, for example my animal cruelty feature. I've also been road testing a whole bunch of new products, that mainly revolve around hair without me actually realising. Some I've already talked about on my blog before, but some are brand new and unheard of on Lacee & Lattes.




You're all probably tired of hearing about these products now, but I couldn't have a favourites post without mentioning these miracle hair saviors! As the weather is transitioning from warm to cool, my hair is the one that suffers most. I don't know about anyone else, but my hair becomes extremely dry during the Winter months, so it's important I have products that will help my hair keep its moisture.

Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair Shampoo & Conditioner // I would actually have to say that these two are the best shampoo/conditioner duo I have ever tried. I usually like to change up my hair care routine as I heard products get "used" to your hair, but after weeks of using this, I will definitely repurchase. These two products make my hair soft, shiny, silky and so much more. Not only do they make it feel and look amazing, but they also help detangle my hair, which if you're a girl who has insanely thick hair, then you would appreciate the feeling of your hair brush gliding through your hair.

Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Reconstruction Mask* // I've already talked about this on my blog, so if you would prefer to read an in depth review of this mask then you can read my post here. But if you're someone who rather know the short and sweet version, then here it is. I love this mask. It's affordable and works just as well as so many other expensive hair masks, and it really helps tame my frizzy hair. If you suffer from dry and split ends, then I highly recommend this, as it has done wonders to my hair ever since I have started using it.


Onto styling products. I'll be the first to admit, I'm really slack when it comes to using heat protectant on my hair, but after cutting my hair I thought to myself "enough is enough!," it was time for me to get serious, and start caring for my locks. The good thing is, I fell in love with two heat protectants with two different price points.

GHD Style Heat Protect Spray // Let us take a minute to admire the packaging, because I love it. It's so sleek, and sorta sexy and mysterious, but onto the actual product. First off, this smells amazing! I refuse to use hair products that smell bad, so this was such a pleasant surprise. The smell is sort of masculine, as it reminds me of a mens cologne, but I love it, and it works a treat. One of the reasons I was hesitant to use heat protectants, was that they would always make my hair feel sticky and weighed down. Not this one. This is a very fine mist, and the end result is phenomenal. My hair stays straight for the whole day, and this product also helps add shine and some life into it. Now I can't style my hair without it!

VO5 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme* // Another product that smells delicious. This product was sent to me to try, along with the VO5 dry shampoo, and even though I didn't get along so well with the dry shampoo, I really enjoyed this heat defence cream. I followed the instructions of using this on towel dried hair, then blow drying, and it really works! My hair is very hard to blow dry, and I'm sure everyone knows how hard it is to blow dry your own hair, but this really does make it easier. My hair turned out sleek and silky, and the style stayed throughout the whole day. Plus, it won't break the bank, as this product retails for $6.99, and currently Priceline has it on sale for $3.49!

Now for my miscellaneous products. I didn't have too much skincare and makeup discoveries this month, as I'm enjoying my current routine for both, but I did find a few products that I have been really enjoying as of late.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream // If you didn't know, I'm trying to grow out my nails and ditch the gross nail biting habit. After seeing girls with perfect manicures, I can't help but feel a little out of place. My first step to healthy nails started when I started using this product on my cuticles, and let me tell you, THIS WORKS. Yes, it is hyped in the beauty world, but for a good reason. I apply this before I go to bed, because otherwise it would be too messy throughout the day, and when I wake up the next morning, my cuticles are so soft and (gasp!) healthy looking. If you're looking for something to repair your cuticles, then grab yourself a good hand cream (I recommend L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream) and this product, and your hands will be completely transformed!

La Prairie Caviar Luxe Cream // Okay this is a little controversial. Even though I really enjoy using this moisturiser, there is no way I would pay $485 for it (I received this in my Beautyheaven BIB prize pack FYI). I like the consistency, and I feel it has made a difference to my skin, but I do think you can buy a moisturiser which does the same thing for much less. But disregarding the price, this is a great moisturiser. I ran out of my Aveeno Daily Moisturising Cream and I had this lying in my stash, so I thought I'd give it a whirl, and I really enjoyed using it. Plus, I feel very luxurious when I know I'm applying a cream that consists of caviar.

NARS Surabaya Eye Shadow Duo // I wrote an in depth review of this product here. When I spent $55 on this, I'll admit, I regretted it. $55 for two eyeshadows!? Didn't seem worth it when I came back home, but now I'm so glad I splurged. This has been my go to eye shadow duo for this month, as I feel it's perfect for the cooler weather, and really compliments my eye colour. The consistency feels like butter, and the pigmentation is fantastic. Overall, I would go and buy 10 more NARS eye shadow duos, regardless of the price.

So that's it for my February favourites! Here's to hoping that this month is just as amazing, and I hope you all have a great month of March ahead of you!

What have been your favourites for the month of February?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. great list of favourites! I need Burt's cuticle cream - especially after my shellac!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! I have the worst cuticles and it has done wonders for me!

      Delete
  2. Great post :) I love the burst bees cutical cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fantastic product!

      Delete
  3. Oh these products all look lovely, I have been meaning to try burts bees for a while now but haven't got round to buying it, may I also say your blog design is really lovely! :) xxxx

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great favourites! That T&G mask is the greatest

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite hair mask! Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  5. nice! love the burts bee's cuticle cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, don't know how I lived without it!

      Delete
  6. Great favs, I'd love to try some GHD products since all I hear are positive things about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great heat protectant, don't know what I was doing without it! haha x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.