REVIEW: Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation

25 April 2014

Raise your hands if you have a, what I like to call, "foundation graveyard". Meaning, you have a collection of foundations that haven't worked in the past, they may not be long lasting, too thin, too thick, not enough coverage, etc. Finding the perfect foundation is hard work, and if you have found your holy grail, then kudos to you, because you're probably part of the 1%. I decided to try out the Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation*, so have I found my holy grail?


Right, first things first, my first impressions (how many times have I said first?). When I laid my eyes on this product, I couldn't help think how pretty the bottle is. Plus, it has a pump! This is when the cheering started, because foundations without a pump aren't exactly convenient. The next thing was the shade, since I was sent this product to review, I didn't get to play around with the shades to depict a true match, and while this is slightly dark for my skin tone (my shade is Golden Beige FYI), it's nothing that you can't fix. The bottle is made out of sturdy plastic, and contains 30mL of product. It's also fantastic for travelling.



The consistency of this foundation is quite runny, so I found that it was best applied with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, or any dense brush will work perfectly. If you're looking for something with heavy coverage, then I wouldn't recommend this, as this is more of a light to medium, but buildable coverage foundation. I find that I have to apply two layers for this foundation to cover all my imperfections. I've been trialing this foundation for around three weeks now, and I noticed that it's very long lasting. As someone who usually suffers from an oily t-zone, I found that this kept the oiliness at bay for much longer than usual. 

If you're a person who is particularly sensitive to scents, then thankfully, this doesn't smell like anything. no floral, chemical, fruity scents, just an ordinary foundation with no hidden surprises. While I do like this foundation, I don't exactly favour the price. Being priced at $55, I've found that it hasn't liven up to it's hefty price tag. Yes, it's a wonderful foundation, but it's comparable to many foundations I've tried for half the price. Another con is that, it isn't readily available in stores, and if you would like to purchase this, you would have to nab an Arbonne consultant, who you can order this foundation from.



Overall, I would have to say that this is a good foundation, but it isn't the best I've tried. Would I fork out $55? Probably not. But if it was priced around $30? Definitely. I do find that this is the foundation I reach for most when I'm going out shopping, or university, but it hasn't beaten my Estee Lauder Double Wear in terms of taking place the award for top foundation. I say, if you're looking for a natural looking foundation, that has a wide shade range, then this is perfect, but if you prefer full coverage, absolutely flawless looking skin, then maybe skip this one.

Have you tried the Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation? What did you think of it? Oh, and keep your eyes peeled on my blog, because I will be announcing something very soon!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.


Leave a Comment

  1. Looks really good on you, great to hear you like it :) we must be similar shades because I found Golden Beige was a tad too dark, so I opted for Neutral Beige which is a step down and its just about right. Definitely agree about the price, $30-40 is probably a more reasonable amount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we really are the same shade haha! I find that I have to mix in a lighter foundation, to get my perfect match, otherwise it looks really orange!

      Delete
  2. I was sent this foundation too, and I really do enjoy it. I think it's a great all rounder - though I do agree with you - a bit expensive. Your bottle looks different to mine! Mine has a matte black lid and pump, where yours looks metal-y?

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so strange! My one is definitely metallic. So glad you enjoy it, looking forward to reading your review! :)

      Delete
  3. After seeing this foundation on a couple of blogs, I am dying to try it now!!! It looks lovellllyyy on you!!! I saw them at the easter show, I'm kicking myself for not going over to have a look. $55 is a bit of a hefty price to pay though!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! It is a very nice foundation, of course the price is a huge factor to take into consideration!

      Delete
  4. Definitely looks pretty good on, but I agree that if you're looking for more full coverage and a better price point this isn't it. That's really really pricey for a foundation! Just as up there as the more well known high end brands!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.