VO5 Hair Products!

22 April 2014



Hope everyone had a happy and safe Easter long weekend! Now back to blogging. Today's blog post is going to be about VO5 hair products which were sent to me. After trying them out for over a month I should say, I think I can finally give you all a fair, accurate and honest review. Some of these I loved, and one of these didn't really work for me. So if you want to know how these affordable products work, then keep reading!




VO5 Give Me Texture Conditioner* // I've mentioned countless times how much I love my Goldwell Rich Repair shampoo and conditioner, and while I'll still stick with my Goldwell shampoo, you will be surprised to know that the VO5 conditioner has kicked my Goldwell conditioner to the kerb. This conditioner in one word? Fan-freaking-tastic. It makes your ends so soft and smooth, and not to mention, it helps detangle your hair. The consistency is quite thick, like most conditioners are, but I find that it doesn't weigh the hair down at all, and is very easy to wash out (as long as you use a small amount). Many people have told me how much they love this duo, and I can understand why, when I first used the conditioner I could not stop touching my hair, and I may have made other people feel my hair too (not creepy at all ). If you're looking for an affordable conditioner, being priced at $4.99 is the best deal you can get. I've tried many affordable shampoos and conditioners in the past, but to be honest they never made my hair feel right, but this is a winner.

VO5 Give Me Texture Shampoo*// Right, so I love my Goldwell shampoo too much to replace it, but regardless, I love this shampoo. If you don't want to spend $21.95 on a shampoo, then this is definitely worth looking at. What I noticed when I used this, was that it made my hair feel so CLEAN. Not squeaky clean, as if it's stripping the oils out of my hair, but clean as in tousled and light. I have a very sensitive scalp, so I was hesitant to use this as shampoos usually create some sort of adverse reaction on my scalp, but I found that this didn't do any of that. The consistency is runny, and have I mentioned that these products smell amazing? Because they do. The packaging is your standard flip-top lid, and it contains 300mL of product, and I know that if I ever do decide to save my cash and not buy Goldwell, then this is next in line for shampoo choices.



VO5 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme*// This is actually to be used when blow drying your hair, but I usually use this to get rid of the frizz before I straighten my hair and it works really well. I would say that if you have fine hair, this product won't be suitable for you, as it can make it look like you have too much product in your hair, but if you have thick hair, then this serves its purpose really well. While it isn't the best heat protectant I've tried, I do think it's a great affordable alternative. The consistency is a runny cream, and you only need a very small amount to distribute throughout the ends of your hair. What I love about this, is that it leaves my hair looking really shiny and luscious, plus taming down my crazy frizz adds major points as well. I will say that if you're looking for a blow dry serum, then this is great (since it was made for blow drying), and it costs $6.99 so it won't empty your wallet either.



VO5 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo*// I thought I'd leave this till last, because unfortunately, this just didn't work for me. While the packaging is beautiful, and it leaves absolutely no white residue, which is great for dark haired girls like me, this didn't give me result that I was after. I found that it didn't absorb the oil in my hair, and didn't add any volume either. This also may be because I have thick hair, and on the can it says this is meant for those who have fine hair, which I can imagine this working well on. In short, if you have thick hair, this isn't for you, but if you have fine hair, you can try it out and let me know if it works for you, because this didn't do much for me.

I hope this inspired you to run to your nearest Priceline and pick up a few VO5 products! If you try any of these, of have tried any of these then let me know in the comments below how they worked for you!



* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.


Leave a Comment

  1. Great reviews, the shampoo and conditioner sound pretty good! I remember using VO5 as a kid, I can still remember the classic smell...haha. Supermarket shampoos and conditioners have improved a lot over the past few years, its not hard to find one thats great but still well priced :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great options at the supermarket these days, I love Dove but it messes with my scalp so I'm forced to stop using it! I guess if I didn't have a sensitive scalp, I would never spend more money on higher end brands haha :)

      Delete
  2. I really really like the pics that you take! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fatima! I'm glad you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. I've tried the VO5 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo and loved it. Although I have really fine hair, and it's more on the dry side (and doesn't get oily fast at all). So that's probably why :).
    I'll be trying the conditioner next. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would work better on those who have fine hair, I felt it didn't absorb all of my oil, but I'm glad it worked for you! You should definitely try it, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do! Let me know how it goes x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.