What's In My Travel Makeup Bag & Bon Voyage!

27 April 2014





Okay, I have an announcement to make. It's pretty freaking exciting, well...for me anyway. I'm heading off on a 7 week holiday to Dubai and my home country Pakistan, so it's fitting that I do a "what's in my travel bag" right? Right. So as a beauty lover, it is very hard to compact your makeup collection, and while I want to take every single thing with me (and I'm still taking a LOT), I decided to pack practically and only take what I know I'll actually use. Plus, I need space for when I shop at Sephora in Dubai!


For so much makeup I needed a makeup bag that can carry everything easily, but is still sturdy (and not to mention, extremely cute!) and small enough to fit in my hand luggage. I'm taking one small makeup bag that carries my everyday makeup, which I'll place in my handbag, and the other two will carry my hair products and other necessary makeup products. The ones that I'm taking with me are from Tender Love & Carry, and let me tell you, they are gorgeous! They are made from quality materials, and if they get any makeup on it, you can just wipe it down with a wet cloth and it's as good as new. The bags that I own are the Stitchy Folding Pouch in Metallic*, the Spotty Dotty Hanging Bath Bag* (my personal favourite!), and the Patchwork Round Bowler Marine Bag*.



Starting off with my makeup bag that I'm packing in my handbag, as I said before, this is strictly just my everyday, essential makeup that I'll need when I get off the plane, since I'll most likely look like a zombie after a 14 hour flight. This includes my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, which I was actually thinking of swapping with a lighter coverage foundation, but I don't want to take too many liquids with me. My Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, which as you can see, is practically at the end of it's life. My Illamasqua blush in Thrust, Revlon 3D Volume Mascara, my holy grail eyelash curler which is the Ardell Heated Eyelash Curler, the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner, an eyebrow comb, the Nars Surabaya Eyeshadow Duo, and a pack of the Smart Skin Facial wipes, which are only $2 by the way at Woolworths.


I also packed some Q-tips, because they're practically an essential when doing your makeup. And a few makeup brushes, which are the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and the Real Techniques Blush Brush. When I was packing my "essentials" makeup bag, I wanted products that I can slap on quickly, as airport bathrooms aren't the easiest places to apply makeup, so I didn't want any gel liners, or huge eyeshadow palettes that would take up half my handbag space.





Now onto my huge makeup bag, that is filled with all my other bits and pieces. Can I just say, this hanging bath bag fits SO much stuff, it's actually astonishing. I have my straightener, hairbrush, and all sorts of bulky items and there is still space to throw in some other stuff! But since I have pledged to keep my travelling makeup compact, I disciplined myself to fight the urge. I'm not going to go through everything, since we would all be here forever, but I have taken photos to illustrate what I'm taking. I've decided that the only eyeshadows I'm taking with me are my NARS duo, and my Naked 2 Palette, since they're usually the palettes I'll reach for most. While I wanted to take my Sleek V2 Palette, I decided against it. Also, the only foundation I'm taking with me on this trip, is my Estee Lauder Double Wear, because it's fool proof, and I know I can wear it on hot Dubai days. This bag is going in my hand luggage, so I'm not able to take anything that's over 100mL, which is why I'm placing them in the next bag.



Right, this next bag is, what I like to call, a Marry Poppins bag. Because you can put an elephant in here, and there would still be room to throw in a hippopotamus (slight exaggeration). This is the bag that will contain all my skincare and hair care products. So, my shampoo, cleanser, moisturiser, and some of my mums things too, since as I said, this bag fits a LOT. I'm taking two shampoos, only because I need the other for when my scalp gets sensitive (boo!), so I'm taking my Goldwell Rich Repair Shampoo, and my Selsun Blue Shampoo, then for conditioner, I'm taking my VO5 Give Me Texture Conditioner*. I'm also taking baby oil for when I remove my makeup, and I also use it as a frizz fighter for when I straighten my hair. For skincare, I'm taking my Natural Instinct Daily Moisturiser, and my L'Oreal Revitalift Milky Foam. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I should take my Clarisonic with me, but if I do, then that would probably be in this bag as well.

Overall, I'm pretty freaking proud of myself right now, since I thought I'll be lugging my whole makeup collection with me, and while I'm still taking a lot, I'm justifying it with the fact that I'm going for a whole 7 weeks! I will try my hardest to post in those 7 weeks, but they probably won't be too often, and I apologise for that, but there will be plenty of photos of my trip for you all to experience with me!

If you would like to purchase these beautiful Tender Love & Carry bags, then you can get them from David Jones, or if you prefer a little online shopping, then you can purchase it from My Beauty Store, and Jetsettr.

So here's to a hectic 7 weeks, and if you have any travel tips and tricks then I would love to hear them! I honestly need all the help I can get, so please feel free to leave a comment!

The next time you shall hear from me will most likely be in Dubai, Bon voyage!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. omg , i love your makeup bag, it's so handy! Nice selections of products you're taking :) Have a happy and safe trip lovely!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It's so cute and it's nice that it carries everything! Thank you Lily!

      Delete
  2. Those bags are gorgeous Basmah! Being an absolute sucker for polka dots (my obsession with dots & stripes seriously needs to stop!), my eyes were naturally drawn to the 2nd bag.

    I actually picked up the navy Ahoy Hanging Traveller bag recently in David Jones for a bargain, can't wait to use it on my next holiday! Might look at getting another 1 or 2 from TL&C, they look gorgeous & I don't think I'll ever have enough bags for storing all my crap whilst I travel. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally get where you're coming from! I love polka dots and stripes too, I find that they add a little drama to a simple bag :) Yes! I have so many things, I couldn't imagine fitting it all in a tiny makeup bag!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy ur trip and stay safe
    Pakistan is just across the border from my home country (India)
    But I have never been there
    Oh and enjoy ur trip to sephora u lucky chick
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Varinder! I would absolutely love to visit India one day, the culture is so lovely!

      Delete
  4. Have an amazing trip! Seven weeks will fly by but I hope you have fun :) Your makeup bags are lovely, makes me feel like going out and buying some new ones! You did very well packing, I always struggle not to take my entire makeup collection on holidays. X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bec! Don't worry, I had to tell myself very strictly that I can't take more than I did haha!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I hope that you have an amazing time, Bas, and tell us all about it, of course. With your wonderful arsenal of beauty products, you're certainly prepared. I have a feeling that your stash will increase before you return home ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely! I've already made my trip to Sephora, and it's complete heaven inside! I could stay in there forever!

      Delete
  6. love your makeup bags - im surprised that it actually fits so much! have a wonderful time in dubai & pakistan :) so exciting that theres a sephora in dubai!

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute! I'm glad you like them, and thank you!

      Delete
  7. I've just nominated you for a Liebster Award! Click below to check it out :) x
    http://anastasiaamour.com/2014/05/05/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowow have a safe trip lovely! I love your makeup bags, they're so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.