My Travel Diary #1 - Dubai (Photo Heavy)

23 June 2014



WOAH! Has it been a long time or what? I know I said I'll try and update, but to be honest, I didn't have the time. Travelling from one country to another isn't as easy as I thought it would be, and considering I hopped on a plane for the first time in 8 years, it was actually quite nerve-wracking. While I have been back for a week, I needed to get my life sorted out. Oh, and not to mention, getting back into routine wasn't as easy as it seemed.





So to summarise it all for you, I went to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, and then Pakistan. All in the time span of 7 weeks. Was it tiring? Yes. Would I do it again? Hell yes. I'll be dividing the posts, and will post a new travel diary every Monday, because I have over 2000 photos! Plus, I couldn't possibly talk about my entire trip in one blog post, of course if these posts completely bore your brains out, then you can enjoy my beauty posts that I'll blog about throughout the week.





It started off with me getting to the airport at 3 am, since my flight was at 6 am. Everything was great, until I got to the airport and had a panic attack, y'know shortness of breath, wanting to back out of sitting on a plane, and thinking of all the worst possible outcomes that come with getting on a plane. Thankfully, that all subsided when I actually got on the plane (it was a 14 hour flight to Dubai by the way).


My first impression of Dubai? It was hot. Like 50 degrees hot, and coming from Autumn Australia, lets just say, it took a little getting used to. Dubai is glamorous, extravagant, and they definitely don't hold back when they build something (Burj Khalifa anyone?). Many times I actually thought it was a little too extravagant, to the point where I was missing home because Dubai was literally out of this world. Regardless, my time spent there was a good one. The food is amazing, the shopping centers is every shoppers dream, and you can't look past the fact that they really are creative geniuses.





My first stop was a ferry ride on the wharf near my hotel, and it was the perfect entertainment. They served food, invited a dancer, and basically showed you around a small portion of Dubai on water. I also went to the Desert Safari, which was so much fun. As the name suggests, they take you to the desert in a four-wheel drive, do some wicked stunts while you're seated in the car, and then provide entertainment till the sun goes down. I also met a cute cat, which always adds a hundred bonus points.







So I hope you enjoyed these small snippets of my trip, do you guys enjoy these posts? Let me know, because I shall be posting a new "travel diary" every Monday till I run out of things to talk about. It's so good to be back, and I missed everyone so much, you all have no idea, and I cannot wait to be back in the swing of things!

My next travel post will be about Dubai Mall, so keep your excited pants on because that was definitely a highlight of my trip!

Leave a Comment

  1. Welcome back, Bas! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your amazing photos. I can't wait to hear all about your mall experience! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm SO glad to be back and blogging again! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! x

      Delete
  2. Welcome back.
    Looking forward to vicariously enjoying your trip via the blog.
    Dubai reminds me of Vegas in that it is a man made marvel in the desert. Although culturally they start from opposite ends of the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely agree with you. It's very extravagant in all aspects, and sometimes it got a little too much to be honest haha x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving all the photos and can relate to not being able to get back into a normal routine after a holiday :)

    can't wait to read more!

    Ms Jelena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to know you're enjoying these posts, makes me want to do more!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back seems like you had great time in Dubai we r going to India but my husband wants to go to Dubai for few days and than to India I don't know if I really want to go to Dubai or Singapore for stop over (few days only) ,,,are the ppl there friendly? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Varinder! Everyone is so lovely in Dubai, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there, as what I found was that so many people over there are Pakistani and Indian, so even if they couldn't understand english very well, they could still speak urdu and hindi, which was so helpful!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's ok than I saw an episode on channel 7 a while back and it scarred the heck out of me,,thanks for the info,,nice to hear a positive experience x

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I hate flying so I'm right there with you on that one. Looking forward to seeing your posts again. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I'm excited to start blogging again!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.