My Travel Diary #2 - Dubai Mall

30 June 2014



Is it strange that I'm really excited to write this blog post today? As you can guess from the title, I went to Dubai Mall, which is the worlds largest shopping mall, and they were not kidding when they said it was BIG. It has 1200 shops, and not to mention the worlds largest sweet shop, and it has an aquarium. So, to say that I was a little overwhelmed with my choices, would be an understatement.






I went inside, and was faced with a giant Dinosaur skeleton, this was right about the time my mouth popped open because this mall was like nothing I've ever seen before. To my left there was Cartier, and to my right there was Tiffany & Co. and I knew that if I was a not-so-proud owner of a credit card, I would have maxed it out right then and there. If you are planning on visiting Dubai Mall, I think it's important to give yourself a budget, and STICK TO IT. It's hard, yes, but unless you want angry letters from the bank, and from your landlord, then you need to try your best.








Each end of the mall is completely different. Some are inspired by Arabian culture, while the others are incredible window displays in restaurants, another tip? Keep a map, or a mobile phone because if you get lost (which is very likely), then you can find your way back again.





I also finally had the pleasure of trying Laduree! After seeing countless photos on Instagram, and other peoples blogs, I knew I had to try them. Oh, and it was my first time trying macarons (shock horror!), so what better way to try it from the macaron kings themselves. Now, it wasn't cheap, but my God, was it worth it! I don't think I've ever fallen in love with a biscuit as much as I did at that moment. My favourite flavour was chocolate, but all the ones I tried were delicious. The little Laduree shop was beautifully decorated, and I actually felt as if I was sitting in a quaint little shop in France.



I also kept the gift bag because I'm a weird hoarder, and I paid a lot of money for six biscuits, so I justify the cost by keeping the gift box and bag. For the record, it's great to keep your beauty products in, if that's what you're into. Next stop was Elie Saab, and let me tell you, I bought the ENTIRE store. No, I'm just kidding, I probably won't be able to afford anything in that shop, but I did take a catalog, which was for free. Elie Saab is my favourite designer in the entire world, so seeing his beautiful creations first hand was an experience that I don't think I'll be able to forget. It also made me want to be some hot shot celebrity, so I can wear one of his dresses.



I spent at least 10 minutes in that store just admiring the dresses, and I'm pretty sure the sales assistant wanted to grab me by my hair and tell me to get out. So after all the lusting, I sprinted to the store that I was anticipating the most. Sephora. After hearing everyone rave about Sephora, I knew I had to see it for myself, and when I stepped foot inside that store, I think I nearly cried out of happiness. So. Much. Makeup. That is the only way to define the experience that comes with visiting Sephora, and a part of me wished that I could take all this home with me right now. I cannot wait till Sephora opens up in Sydney this December, because I would be the first to line up outside it's shiny doors. I'm guessing I'll meet a few of you in that line too, because let's get real, you all love makeup as much as I do, otherwise you won't be on this page right now, right? Right.



So that's it for my Dubai Mall adventures! I hope you enjoyed scrolling through my photos, and while I wanted to include so much more, it wouldn't be very practical, considering you all would be here for ages! Next stop is Abu Dhabi, so keep a look out next Monday!

Leave a Comment

  1. Oh wow, you would probably need a few days to shop in there! Thats huge! Are you going to be doing a haul post? Would love to see one. :)

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Tbh I didn't shop much, but I can definitely try and do a haul post for the few things I did get in Dubai :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, do they allow camping in the Mall? lol. How beautiful! Were the prices high?
    Thanks for sharing, hun, I thoroughly enjoyed this post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very expensive, the makeup was more pricey than Australia which says something haha! I'm glad you liked it! x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful mall! Thanks for the gorgeous photos! :)

    Did you end up buying anything from Sephora? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't! Sephora is so expensive in Dubai, the Naked 3 palette was around $108, so I rather wait till it opens here or buy the products I needed online :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I nvr knew about this biggest mall in the world I need to get out of australia more often I guess 😀 and sephora omg I can't wait but I'm from melbourne and we just have wait more and more I suppose they will end up opening one in melbourne too,,,otherwise I hope they come up with online shopping system like in US
    Great post BTW xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Sephora either! The prices in Dubai are very expensive, but I heard in Australia they're planning on introducing US prices, which is so great!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, that mall looks killer! Aaaah I could spend all day in there ahaha :D Those dresses look so stunning!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! You definitely need a few days to explore the whole thing, that's how big it is!

      Delete
  6. Oh man... I want to go there with a hell of a lot of cash.

    The building looks so interesting, especially with the aquarium and dinosaur skeleton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people in Dubai really know how to create amazing things!

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous Basmah! You were in shopping heaven! I really want to visit Dubai one day. :)

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should if you ever get the chance! The place is every shoppers dream! haha x

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Post!
    Dubai is a real paradise for shopaholics during the DSF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. evening desert safari Dubai is one of the best place.. i really like this blog..

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.