Rediscovered Products!

26 June 2014


So ever since I came back from my trip, I decided that I need to clean everything out, from my closet, to my drawers, and the most dreaded...my makeup collection. You know when you're cleaning and you get distracted by all the amazing things you never even knew you had? Well, let's just say that happened to me when I was organising my makeup. I found makeup that I completely forgot about, some are even brand spankin' new! This called for a blog post, so here are my "rediscovered" products. 



Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio (what a mouthful!) // I have quite a few eyeliners, maybe a little more than what is considered normal, but after discovering these eyeliners, as they were shoved in a tiny corner, I've really learnt to love them. They come in a pack of three (hence why it's called a trio), and they have different shades for different eye colours. So, since I have brown, almost black eyes, I have the colours black, brown, and purple, and let me tell you, these are great! They're so creamy, and stay on your waterline all day, and the nib of the eyeliner is very fine so it's great for tight-lining and smoking out your lower lash line. Oh, and let me tell you a little secret, if you have any eyeliners or lip liners that look the way these do, then on the end of the eyeliner is a sharpener, just in case your eyeliner is getting a little blunt. I just blew your mind (or maybe not, but it blew my mind when I discovered it). There are also different packs for those with blue and green eyes. 


Bourjois Smokey Eye Eyeshadow Trio // To think that I have never even used this product before sort of makes me rethink how much I really should be buying makeup, but then 10 seconds later, I would probably go buy more (I'm not the only one, surely?). I haven't tried this yet, as I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, and haven't had the chance to test this out, but I did watch a tutorial by Lisa Eldridge who used this product, and it looked amazing, so fingers crossed it would work for me. The shades are very pink and purple, and I can imagine that it would look great for those who have brown and green eyes, so I can't wait to try these and let you guys know what I thought! If you have tried these, then let me know in the comments below!


NP Set Contour & Highlight Palette // I remember using this a while ago, and wasn't the biggest fan, which is why I probably never reached for it again. But while the bronzer and highlight are terrible, I really do like the blush (if used sparingly). I like to get a fluffy blush brush and swirl the two pink shades together to give me a nice flushed look, but as I said, less is more. This product I find is quite hard to blend, and tends to look patchy is it isn't applied properly. All the shades are very pigmented, but the bronzer just ends up looking like I rubbed my face in dirt, so a big thumbs down from me on that one. 

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips // So after contemplating for a while for what I'm going to do with this product, I've decided I'll probably give it to someone else to use. Why? Well...when it comes to nails, I don't exactly have the nicest on the planet (nail biter here), which is why you probably never see any nail posts on this little blog. Regardless, I've heard really great things about this, and the pattern is really cute too, and it reminds me of Easter time for some reason, oh and did I mention that it comes with a cute nail file and buffer? Darn it, these are the moments I crave for nice nails. Wait, scratch that, I always crave nice nails. Guess you can't have everything in life. 


Freeze Frame Instant Lash // Ever heard of those mascaras that have fibers in them, apparently making your eyelashes look big and voluminous? Well this is one them, which is why it costs an arm and a leg, and the wand looks like a tarantula shed its hair on it. Does it work? Yes. Is it worth the money? Definitely not. I honestly don't see a difference when I use this, or when I use my regular mascara, and my regular mascara is better because I don't have bits of fibers falling into my eyes throughout the day. This was another one of those "never-been-used" products, and now that it has been used, I'm not really impressed. My verdict? Save your money, and buy six mascaras for the price of this one mediocre mascara. 

So there it is! My rediscovered products, some are great, and some....well, not-so-great. Maybe this gave you a little inspiration to clean out your makeup stash, and find old (or even new) products that you completely forgot about!

If you do, then let me know in the comments below what you discovered, and if it worked for you! 

Leave a Comment

  1. Those eyeliners look so good! Such pretty colours. I love finding stuff hidden in the cupboards that you forgot about! X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Basmah! I love re-discovering my favourite products! xx

    tarasauroh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.