June Favourites!

4 July 2014



Hooray for June! You shall be missed! June has to be my favourite month of the year. For one, it's my birth month, and number two, it's the start of winter, which is my favourite season ever. There's just something about the cold air, and the warm heater that makes my heart skip a beat. So, now that June has left us for another year, I'm actually kinda' sad, but also excited for what July brings to the table.
This month, I discovered a few products that I really enjoyed, many of them, I took with me on holidays, and some I discovered here because my skin decided to go haywire after the weather change. You see, all the countries I explored was hot, like, I'm talking 45 degrees hot, and then I land in Sydney, and it was freeeeeeeezing! These days I'm trying to add some moisture in my extremely dry skin, and I've had a few let downs, but some success too, so I'll be sharing those with you today.

Scunci Hair Ties // This is a random one, but hear me out. Raise your hand if you have ever suffered from hair ties that don't tie around your hair three times, and snap when you attempt to do so? *slowly raises hand*. I would have to say, I am a victim of this first world problem, and I just about had enough until I discovered these gems. I hate to sound like an infomercial, but these are the best hair ties I have ever tried! They're metal free, so they don't snag on your hair, they come in a value pack, they're strong and sturdy, but are flexible enough for those with thick hair, and they're cheap! I picked these up from Big W before going on holiday, and I only had to use ONE for seven weeks, and I'm still using that same one. So yes, these babies will last you fo'eva. I'm not 100% sure how much these cost, but I know that they won't be over $10. They come in a pack of 24, and I can assure you, that if you pick these up, you will not regret your decision.






Innoxa Eye Brow Tint // Going back to the thick hair debacle–I don't only have thick hair on my head, I also have thick hair above my eyes, aka, what everyone would call "eyebrows." Now, that sounds all great and wonderful, but having thick eyebrows isn't as heavenly as one would expect. a) I don't have a eyebrow expert with me 24/7 to make them look like Lily Collins eyebrows b) I thread my eyebrows, and they'll grow back in two weeks and c) every time I try to fill them in, it looks like two hairy leeches decided to attach themselves to my skin. I have tried a lot, I've tried powders which never suit my eyebrows, pencils which look too artificial, so in the end I just used to opt for clear brow gel. Then one day I stumbled upon this "eye brow tint" and decided to test it out. Now, I don't really need to fill in my eyebrows, but some days I would like to cover those old man bald spots that every woman suffers from. This pen resembles a liquid liner, except it isn't as intense and runny, and it is SO easy to use. The tip is very fine, so it's perfect for drawing in tiny strokes of hair on those places you need it most, and it looks as if you have naturally great eye brows. I would say, please don't try to draw long lines and colour in your eyebrows with this product, because then you really won't like it. If you have naturally black eyebrows like me, and struggle to find the perfect eyebrow product, then check this out. I have the shade dark brown, and it suits my brows to a Tee.

Natural Instinct Bath Baby Wash // Natural Instinct, can I just say how great your products are? I don't have a baby, and I don't use this as a wash, I actually use this to clean my makeup brushes. I don't have too much to say about this product, besides the fact that it really does the job when it comes to getting all the makeup out of your brushes. It lathers nicely, it's natural so it won't dry up the bristles on your brushes, and the packaging is so cute! If you're looking for something natural and cruelty free to clean your makeup brushes with, you should definitely check this out.



Kosmea Replenishing Moisture Cream*// Remember how I told you my skin was going dry and haywire because of the cold? Well, I found something to improve the feel of my skin. I actually started using this the day I landed in Sydney and got off the 14 hour flight. If you've traveled on an airplane before, then you would understand the pain of having the moisture sucked out of your skin, and in my case, big angry pimples around my chin area. Since all of my regular skin care was packed away, I got home and ran straight to my beauty stash and decided to test this out since it was sent to me before I left on holidays. Let's just say, I was pleasantly surprised! I was scared that this would break me out even further, but I found that it helped calm down the redness, and hydrate the skin. My skin still isn't 100% perfect, but this is definitely improving it. Usually, products with natural ingredients don't suit my skin at all, but so far, I'm really enjoying this product. Not going to lie, I'm not too fond of the scent, but hey, if it does the job, then I couldn't really ask for anything more!



Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme // Another product that I don't actually use for it's purpose. This product was actually a gift, and it turned out to be much to dark for my skin tone. Originally, I was disappointed because it seems to be an excellent concealer if it was the right shade, but then I started thinking of the other ways I could get some use out of this, so I tried my hand at some cream contouring. I have a confession to make. I love makeup (this isn't the confession), but I absolutely suck at contouring. I envy those people who have the Kim Kardashian contouring mastered, because every time I attempt to enhance my bone structure, I start looking like a 5 year old girl who got her hands on her mums makeup. Now, surprisingly, with this product, it makes contouring so EASY! It blends beautifully, is the right shade (for me), and you only need a very small amount as a little goes a long way. I like to get my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush and apply this right under my cheek bones and little along my forehead, and then I blend with a sponge. I can say, that it makes a huge difference to your overall makeup look. I only reserve contouring for special occasions, but if you are someone who likes to contour everyday, and haven't found the perfect product yet, then check this out!

Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balm // I picked this up when I was in Pakistan, because after snatching my cousins own Labello because I was having a dry lips travesty, I instantly fell in love. This is a tinted lip balm, and it moisturises the lips while also tinting the lips as if you've been eating a raspberry ice-block all day. When I left Pakistan I regretted that I didn't pick up 10 more, until I realised that Labello and Nivea are the same company. For some reason, Nivea is called Labello in Pakistan, and the Nivea strawberry lip balm is the exact same product. The only gripe I have with this product is, while it is moisturising, after a while it dehydrates your lips, so I've started using this sparingly. I will have to say that this has been my go-to natural lip look, when I want to look low maintenance, but still presentable.

Benefit Benetint // I've had this for over a year now, and there was a time where I used to use this every single day, and then for some odd reason, I stopped reaching for this product. Recently, I discovered this gem once again, and I got reminded why I love it so much. These days I've been really opting for natural makeup, and this is the perfect product to make it look like you have naturally flushed cheeks. It looks intense, but after blending this out, it gives a gorgeous dewy glow. I tend to use this more in the winter months, since in the summer it doesn't last very long, but if you have dry skin, you will love this product!

So there are my June favourites! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, comment down below any products that you discovered in June!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. I've heard some great feedback on the Natural Instinct products, but I've personally only used the shampoo, but it seemed a little too stripping on the natural oils of my scalp and I didnt love it...
    I pretty much fail at contouring as well, but I'm glad the cream contour worked out for you! Them feels when you make use of a product that doesn't work for its intended purpose :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the shampoo as so many shampoos just don't seem to work for me! Haha, yes, it's a huge bonus that it doesn't look like two streaks of dirt on my face lol!

      Delete
  2. I'm right there with you on the hair tie thing! They always end up flying across the room after the third wrap. I'll have to look out for these next time I'm in Big W :)

    Madeline Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them out and let me know how it goes! x

      Delete
  3. I admire that you used one hair tie during your 7 week trip. I would of used 20 or more hair ties if I was in your position as I constantly lose them all the time haha. Great to hear that youve found hair ties that loop 3 times! It can be hard to find the "one" for hair ties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually lose my hair ties, but I decided to keep all the ones I wasn't using in the packaging haha! Bobby pins and hair ties, don't know where they disappear off too :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea doing the Natural Instinct Baby Bath stuff for your brushes.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps the bristles nice and soft since it's free from chemicals thankfully! x

      Delete
  5. I came across this website recently, I felt it useful and interesting. I have a simlar blog about Hairdressers in Rockhampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great favourites! The Innoxa brow tint sounds really cool, and the colour seems like it would match my hair as well. I actually have that lip balm, the Nivea one, but haven't tried it yet, I really should! Oh and those hair ties sound really amazing haha! 1 for 7 weeks?? That's so good!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip balm is so nice! Besides the fact that it's slightly dehydrating, otherwise the colour is lovely as an everyday lip balm!

      Delete
  7. Those Scunci hair ties sound like something I seriously need to check out! I'm currently using the Lady Jane hair ties (without the metal bit) and while they're a bit stiff at first, they loosen up over time and I've been using some of them for several months :) hope you had a great trip by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.