My Travel Diary #3 - Ferrari World

9 July 2014



We're back with another travel diary! So far I've received a positive response from you all about these travel posts, so thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying seeing small snippets of my trip! Today's post is all about living life in the fast lane. Yes, I'm talking about Ferrari World! If you don't know, Ferrari World is the largest indoor theme park, and it's home to the fastest roller coaster in the world (which believe it or not, I actually sat on).




















In case you don't know, Ferrari World is actually in Abu Dhabi not Dubai, but while it is about a two hour drive from Dubai, I highly recommend checking it out, especially if you have young children with you. Before arriving, I thought the place would be filled with extreme rides, but upon getting there, I found out that they only have two roller coasters, and the rest are more simulator rides which are so much fun if you're not so much of an adrenaline junkie. If you do prefer heart stopping roller coasters, then Ferrari World has the fastest roller coaster in the entire world, and it's FAST, pretty sure I was so close to crying while I was on it, if the speed didn't stop my tears from coming out. It goes at 240 km p/h and you can feel your skin flying backwards (quite like those pedigree ads, with the wrinkly dog? No, just me? okay.). Not to mention they have an amazing collection of cars, so if you have someone in the family who is a Ferrari lover, or is just a huge fan of cars, then they would love this place.

What I didn't like about the theme park is it's expensive! I know theme parks are usually a rip off, but this really took it to the next level. The souvenirs and the merchandise is priced very high, so if you are planning to buy some gifts, then have some extra cash on hands, because you're going to be in for a shock. Otherwise I loved this place, it is definitely an all day attraction, and it's the perfect place for kids and adults.

So I hoped you enjoyed this post and had fun looking through the photos! I will say that I was pretty proud of myself after I sat on Formula Rossa, and felt quite accomplished!

Would you ever sit on the fastest roller coaster in the world? Let me know!

Leave a Comment

  1. Oh I'm so jealous! I would love to go there and I'm sure my mum would too (she named my brother after Michael Schumacher lol) but I'm not sure how I would go on the fastest roller coaster!! Beautiful photography too, enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would be brave enough either, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't sit on it haha! Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.