REVIEW: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

17 July 2014



Hello, hello! Today I'm back with a review of a skin care product that I've been using for the last few weeks. This product has been a cult favourite in the beauty world, and beauty editors seem to love it, so I thought I'll give it a whirl and see what I think of it. This product, as you may already know from the title, is the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, and right off the bat, I'll let you know that this is not cheap, so hopefully this review will help you decide if you want to shell out the big bucks for it! Is it worth the hype? Did I fall in love with it?




Right, so I feel like a broken record, but I need to say it again for all those who haven't read my previous posts. Because of the winter time, my skin is looking, and feeling horrible. I mean like flakey-dry-dehydrated-snake skin-feeling horrible, so not only am I using moisturising products (e.g. cream cleansers, hydrating serums etc.),but as this product claims to be a hydrating "essence", I thought "eh, what do I have to lose?" (uh maybe $185?) and decided to try it. Essentially, the consistency is like water – really weird smelling water, but water nonetheless. It even looks like water, and it makes you think "is this even going to work? Or did I shell out a buck load of cash for water in nice bottle?." Now, I was a little confused on how to apply this. While Googling, and reading several different blog posts, I came to the conclusion of adding 3 drops to my palms and patting it onto my skin and neck, and let me tell you, it felt GOOD. The essence is incredibly refreshing, and while I didn't keep it in my fridge, it was nice and cool on my skin.

This product is to be applied after you cleanse, and before you moisturise. I like to leave it on my skin for 2 minutes before I apply my moisturiser as I want it to settle in a little bit. I also use this day and night, but it's completely up to you on how much and how many times you want to apply it.



The product comes in a nice, glass bottle that looks great on your dressing table, but probably not very practical when it comes to traveling (I've learnt to appreciate travel-friendly products over the last few weeks). But I would say that this product will last you quite a long a time, as I've had it for a while, and I still have enough to last me for the rest of the year.

So, the moment you have all been waiting for, does it actually work? To be honest, it depends on your skin. As with all skincare products, some things work well for others and some things...not so much. While it has been working great on me, my sister didn't get the same results, and felt it didn't do much for her. But based on the improvements I've seen on MY skin, I do really enjoy it. It has helped the redness on my face calm down, my skin feels much more hydrated, and it has improved the texture overall. Plus, in conjunction with all the other products I've been using, I feel my makeup goes on smoother and generally looks better.

SK-II claims that this product helps maintain the skins renewal cycle, and balances the skin pH level. Do I agree? Yes. This essence is also supposed to exfoliate your skin, slow the ageing process, get rid of acne scarring and hyper pigmentation, and basically just give you the best skin you have ever had.

But not everything is great about this product. While there aren't too many cons, they are major factors which will help decide whether you want to purchase this product or not. For one, it STINKS. I mean like, a stale smell, which actually annoyed me since it's so expensive, you would think that they would make it smell a little nicer. Another is the price. You can buy the 75mL bottle for $100, and the 150mL bottle for $185.

While I do love this product, I will highly recommend trying a sample before committing to making the investment. As many people have different reactions to products, and there is nothing worse than shelling out money for something, and finding out it doesn't work for you.

Have you tried SK-II products? Are you willing to spend money on luxury skin care? Let me know!

Leave a Comment

  1. That is one expensive facial treatment! But the bottle does look SO pretty. It always makes me feel like a million bucks trying out expensive products whether they work or not. hehe I have never tried any products from this brand, its way way out of my price range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! $185 is a crazy amount to spend on skin care, but it does make me feel like a million dollars when I have this on my skin haha!

      Delete
  2. Wah! This product sounds amazing but I just can't justify spending that much money on something that may or may not work! Luckily it worked for you though! Might need to try and get my hands on a sample!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean, I think you really need to put some thought into it if you're going to invest in something so pricey!

      Delete
  3. To learn more about Skin Clinic in Delhi, and general information about skin care tips visit http://www.skindelhi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been going to Dermavogue for several years now. I always have a great experience with any procedure I have done. They are the best. They are great with what they do and always keep you up to date on new products and technology. Feel free to check them out at http://www.dermavogue.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.