Things I've Been Loving!

22 July 2014

You know, I always talk about what I'm loving beauty wise on this little blogging platform of mine, but I rarely talk about all the random things in my life that I'm really enjoying on a day to day basis. So today I decided to do something different, and include a little fashion, a little music, a little literature, and yes, how could I not include a little beauty. You see, ever since I started this blog, I've had a lot of people asking me to venture out of beauty and explore some other options, and while I always loved the idea, I never really knew how to go about it. Let's just say, this is the start to some more lifestyle posts, but don't worry! Because I will keep the beauty blogging constant, and you will get your fair fix of reviews and how-to's, just with the added bonus of some personal posts, and random shenanigans!





I'm loving...Soldiers by Otherwise // It doesn't seem so obvious, but my taste in music is pretty upbeat and fast paced, and this song takes the cake. It's the perfect song to work out to, feel bad ass too, and generally just rock out too. So if you're like me, and are needing some new tunes to download, then definitely check this out, and hopefully you'll like it! Music is a very personal thing, and not everyone would have the same taste as I do, but if you prefer your music to be rock n' roll-ish (but not too crazy), then it won't hurt for you to have a listen on YouTube!



I'm loving...boyfriend jeans // Ahhh boyfriend jeans, where have you been my whole life!? I'm a girl who sticks to skinny jeans, since I have such a small frame, I find that any other style of jeans just drown me out, and look overwhelming, but not these boyfriend jeans! I found these at Target for $40, and I LOVE them. They're the perfect fit – not too baggy, but not too tight, and they almost taper at the ends to give a nicer shape to the body (perfect for me since I have zero curves). But that isn't the only reason I love them. One of my biggest gripe with skinny jeans is that they don't provide comfort. They're form fitting, so you don't really have the space to move your legs, and while I'm a huge fan of the fit of skinny jeans, they aren't so great if you want to go for the casual approach in your outfit. I was always on the hunt for the perfect boyfriend jeans, but never really found them until I hit Target. They'd either be ripped to shreds (not my sort of style), or they'll be extremely baggy, and actually look like I stole my non-existent boyfriends jeans and threw them on. If you're going through the same dilemma as I was, check out Target! They actually have a great range of clothing for all shapes and sizes!

I'm loving...cozy jumpers // Right, this seems pretty self explanatory, but if you live in Australia, then you would know that it's currently FREEZING, and going out without wearing something warm is basically suicide. I probably have a vast array of jumpers for the winter time in all sorts of colours, simply because a) they look great b) they're easy to throw on, and c) going with the boyfriend jeans theme, they're COMFORTABLE. So basically, we're talking about practical, cute, and comfortable all at the same time, what more do you want? This particular fluffy jumper is from Kmart, and I believe I bought it for either $20-$30. (P.S. don't be afraid of pairing oversize jumpers with boyfriend jeans, it actually looks really nice!)

I'm loving...flats with a twist // Unless we're talking about high-heeled booties, then I'll let you know, that for an everyday basis, I'm more of a flats girl. But sometimes flats can be a little boring, I mean there aren't many varieties that catch my eye, and in the end, I'm always stuck with wearing plain black loafers. Which is why, when I spotted these nude studded loafers in Myer, I KNEW I had to grab them. My only problem? They were $50, and I wasn't sure if I was ready to throw that sort of money on flats. So I left them in the shop for someone else to lust after. But the problem was I could not stop thinking about them, and I thought "well, they're flats, so you're going to wear them every single day, so it's definitely worth the investment", and then suddenly, as if all my prayers were answered, I received a $20 voucher in the mail from Myer for being a Myer One member. But that's not all, the shoes also went on sale for 25% off! So if I do my math correctly, this came down to $17.50. Yep, absolute bargain! The only bad thing about these shoes, is that the spikes really jab at your feet when you're walking, but hey, if I can endure the pain of threading my eyebrows, then this is nothing. I mean, we all put up with pain for looking good am I right? 

I'm loving...It Happened One Wedding by Julie James // FAVOURITE. AUTHOR. EVER. Sorry for screaming, but it's true. I'm a huge romance novel fan, and two years ago I discovered Julie James and I instantly fell in love with all of her books. So when she announced that her new book will be released this year, I was dying to get my hands on it, and now I finally have! What's great about Julie James is that all her heroines are kick ass, and hardworking, which are qualities I really admire in someone. They're head strong, and unlike so many other heroines in novels these days (ahem, Anastasia Steele anyone?) they don't bow down to whatever the hero asks them to do. Julie James novels usually revolve around the law and FBI, so not only are you getting a great romance story, but you also get a little more depth and mystery. 

I'm loving...Katy Perry Eyelure Lashes in Oh Honey! // If I count, then I've only ever worn false eyelashes twice in my life, and for a beauty blogger, that's pretty strange. False eyelashes to me are something that you wear on special occasions, and not in day to day life (if you wear it everyday, then power to you!), so when I had my nephews 1st birthday coming up I decided to be brave and try to apply false eyelashes myself, which I've never done before. These are amazing for first timers like me, who aren't exactly experts when it comes to applying false eyelashes. The band is thin and flexible, and the lashes are very natural looking once they're on, but still give a certain pop to your eye look. Also, the glue that comes with this is top quality. I wore this for about 3 hours, and the lashes did not budge, so if you want to be brave and step into false lash territory, then check these out! They're also reusable, so you can wear them for as long as you can keep them in good condition! 

So these are the random bits and bobs that I've been enjoying lately, and I hope you enjoyed this non-beauty post! Let me know if you would like me to start blogging more about my life, and different topics other than beauty!

What have you been loving lately? 

Leave a Comment

  1. Those flats are super cute! The shopping gods really did answer your prayers with those discounts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lashes are gorgeous, and so fluttery! I could never wear them everyday, it'd be so bad for your natural lashes xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I couldn't be bothered applying false eyelashes every single day, but each to their own I guess! x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving chunky scarves and leopard print. Those lashes look awesome!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed with chunky scarves! Must have for the winter! x

      Delete
  4. Ive never worn false eyelashes, so you are one up on me. :) Loved this post. I am lusting after boyfriend jeans, I don't know why I havn't bought any yet. I think I look at them every single time I go shopping!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should stop looking and grab one quick! You won't regret your decision haha! x

      Delete
  5. As much as I love your beauty posts, I really enjoyed this one! It's nice to have a bit of insight into people's other interests! And I hope you don't mind me asking, but what sort of camera do you use? Your photos are crisp and lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.