Magic #smartbeauty: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water VS. Ordinary Water

21 August 2014

Garnier and Kidspot reached out to me and asked if I wanted to be part of the Garnier #smartbeauty challenge. To cut it short, if I win the challenge then I get some pretty nifty prizes, not bad eh? So, today I'll be reviewing for you the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, but this isn't your ordinary review, I'm stepping this up a notch, by comparing it to actual water. Pointless? Eh, I like to call it my little experiment, simply because this product completely looks and FEELS like water, so I thought it would be interesting to compare them side by side.



You know how the French always come up with the coolest ideas? Well we have them to thank for Micellar water, as they're the ones who invented it. Micellar water contains oil-molecules that help remove all the impurities sitting on your skin. Whether it be makeup, dirt, pollution, you name it. It's also gentle, so it's great for sensitive skin, and you can use it to remove the toughest of eye makeup.

The Garnier Micellar Water comes in a 400mL bottle, and according to Garnier, you can get 200 uses out of it. I personally haven't had the chance to use it 200 times, but if I did, I'm sure I won't be counting. What's great about this product is that, unlike removing your eye makeup with oil, it doesn't leave any residue all over your face, which is a major thumbs up. Second of all, it's affordable. But out of all of those pros, my favourite would have to be that fact that it feels as cool as a cucumber when I apply this on my eyes and face, and after using this, I feel so refreshed and energised, no joke, it's a bit like a facial in a bottle.

I was discussing this bad boy with a friend of mine named Maha (yes, we discuss Micellar waters in our spare time), and these were her exact words: "Basmah, no joke, this thing removes EVERYTHING, I freaking love it!" and then there some minor disagreements on my part. Y'know, a friendly debate. Because there is one thing that I wasn't a fan of about this magic water, and that's the fact that it stings. Not major, over-the-top-I-can't-feel-my-eyes stinging (believe me, I know how it feels, I once put Dettol in my eyes. Don't ask) but it was definitely noticeable. Also, I find that it didn't remove my eye makeup as well as baby oil usually does, and I found I still had eyeliner residue when I woke up the next morning.

Of course, that's just me, because remember my friend Maha? Of course you do, she's just a paragraph away, she LOVES it. Holy grail status and all. So I guess you could say that some love this and some continue their search for the perfect makeup remover. My opinion? I don't LOVE it, and I definitely don't hate it, I would say I like it. Leaning more to the love side, but not quite ready to make that commitment.

What about the experiment you ask? I'm glad you still stuck around! I tried to figure out the difference between average water, and the miracle water in a bottle. Pretty sure it's some sort of witchcraft or wizardry, because while this looks and feels like water, it definitely does a much better job than water itself. See for yourself!

Not a 100% sure why some photos came out so grainy, sorry!


















See? I told you, just like magic! But I'm sure you already knew that. So the winner of this round goes to! *drumrolls* The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water!




Leave a Comment

  1. Great read Basmah! Micellar waters are all the rage, I've only tried Bioderma and I don't love it but it is effective. It's not very good with eye makeup either. I think I'll purchase this one when I finish up Bioderma, just because it's so much cheaper!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tasha! I've actually heard that this product and Bioderma are practically the same, so you'll save a lot of money in the long run! x

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this comparison, Bas! Good luck with the comp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post Bas - I can't live without this stuff! And how gorgeous do you look? Oooh I hope you win doll xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kats! Hope you're doing well, your EOTD's seem to get better and better!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.