A Night Out Makeup Look!

1 September 2014




Confession: I'm not someone who goes out at night much, I'm more of a stay-at-home kinda' gal, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan of night time makeup looks or a killer smokey eye. Makeup at night is so much more exciting if you ask me, first, you don't have the sun exposing each and every imperfection on your face, second, you can get away with more darker and intense colours. Today I'll be creating a smokey eye look with the Becca eyeshadow quad in Galactica* which you can purchase from ry.com.au, plus they have plenty of other shades available, in case this one isn't really up your street! So if you would like to know how I created this smokey eye, then keep reading!







I started off with using the lightest shade in the quad all over my eye lid. Now, tbh, this shade was the least pigmented of all, so I really had to pack it on for it to be visible. But once it was on, it gave a beautiful sheen without being glittery or too over the top. I applied this with my finger because it gave the most intense colour pay off, and I felt I had more control on where I wanted to place it. Then I used the dark brown shade on the left and with a fluffy blending brush, I blended it into my crease, tapping any excess off my brush to avoid fallout. Now, it's important to note that when I was applying the dark brown shade to my crease, I applied a little at a time, and blended as I went along. This made sure I didn't have any harsh lines at the end. After that step, I used the shade on the right on the outer corners of my eyelids, and blended that into the light shade I applied earlier. The last and final step was to apply the darkest shade, which is almost a navy blue colour, to the outer half of my crease, but make sure you don't overdo this part. Smokey eyes should be dark, but they shouldn't be so black that you look like someone punched you in the face (but I'm sure all of you are pros, so you already know that). I also applied the shade on the right to my lower lash line, and blended it out with a fluffly brush.



I then moved onto my skin, now I always do my eyeshadow before my foundation because it's easier to wipe fallout. For my foundation I used the Bourjois Healthy Mix, which I absolutely love, because as the name suggests, it gives me a healthy glow. I applied my Couleur Caramel concealer in the shade 12 to my under eye circles, which are so dark these days that I look like I haven't slept in my 19 years of existence. I didn't bother to powder my face since I liked the dewiness the foundation gave me, but I did do some slight contouring with my Benefit Hoola Bronzer, and used a rosy pink blush from Napoleon Perdis on the apples of my cheeks.


My favourite part. Eyeliner. You all know that I can't live without my dramatic winged liner, and since I spoke about the Napoleon Perdis Matte Eye Ink*, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to show you the product in action! As you can see, it's quite intense and black, and if you're a beginner then start off with baby steps! Winged liner can be intimidating, so practice makes perfect. If you have a different eye shape to mine, and won't suit thick eyeliner, then feel free to adjust it to whatever suits you.



For mascara, I used the Revlon 3D Volume Mascara, and I only applied this to my top eyelashes, and not the bottom. I also added a purple coloured eyeliner in the last minute, because I thought my eyes needed something a little extra. I used the Bourjois Clubbing Eyeliner in the shade Purple Night. Lastly, for my lips I used the Napoleon Perdis lipstick in the shade Boston, but I had to embarrisingly use the product in the bottom of the cap (yes, there is lipstick in there if you didn't know), because my actual lipstick melted! NP sort your lipsticks out!



And that's it! Now you're ready to hit the town with a hot eye look, and your already beautiful face! If you try out this look, then make sure to let me know by tweeting me at @laceeandlattes! Also, make sure to check out ry.com.au for a huge range of amazing products, from GHD to Becca!

What is your go to look for when the sun goes down?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.

Leave a Comment

  1. Wonderful blog! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award; check it out here:http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/liebster-award.html

    xx
    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful, Bas. This makeup looks perfect, hun xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.