Favourite Drugstore/Highstreet Eyeshadows!

11 September 2014


We're back with my most popular series of "Drugstore/Highstreet" products! I say this all the time, but you can find the most incredible products at the drugstore, and these days, low prices does not equal low quality. Sure, as we live in Australia we still have to pay pretty large numbers for "affordable" makeup, but at least you know that the option is available to you! Today I'll be talking about eyeshadows. Most peoples makeup looks aren't complete without them, and while I love my Urban Decay and NARS, I still find myself reaching towards my more cheaper options every once in a while.





When I buy eyeshadows, I personally prefer them to be in palettes. It's easier to store, you get more bang for your buck, and when I travel, I don't need to take a million and one eyeshadows with me. In my opinion, if the drugstore is lacking of one thing, then it's eyeshadow palettes, but luckily the UK has brought out some amazing products in the last few years, and that includes Sleek and MUA.

Sleek // This is the V2 palette, but they have a wide range of shades available to suit you. The colour pay off for some of these eyeshadows can be a little chalky, but nothing you can't work with, and the darker, more intense colours have great pigmentation. I've done a full review on this palette, so if you would like to know more, then you can have a read here. This eyeshadow palette also includes a massive mirror in case you want to do your makeup on-the-go (we've all been there), and it comes with a double-sided sponge applicator, that I personally don't use, but it can come in handy if you're someone who doesn't have eyeshadow brushes.

MUA // Just like Sleek, MUA have a wide range of eyeshadow palettes as well, but the one I have is the Glamour Nights palette. If I could choose one between Sleek and MUA, I'll choose MUA. The pigmentation, application and range of colours are on par with more expensive options I've seen and owned. The great thing about these palettes is, they have a great range of really bright, daring colours, so if you're like me and don't want to invest in a pink eyeshadow, then you can look into these palettes instead. Unlike Sleek, this one doesn't come with a mirror which is a shame, but it does come with the double-sided applicator.



Revlon Eyeshadow Quads // Quads are great to have in your collection, especially if you're a newbie or a beginner. They usually tell you which eyeshadow is placed where, and they usually have a nice range of colours for you to choose from. I'm not usually a fan of Revlon eyeshadows, but this quad is beautiful. As you can see from the photo above, the pigmentation is intense, and they blend beautifully into each other as well. This is the Adventurous quad, and it contains four neutral shades. Revlons not the only one who do eyeshadow quads, Maybelline makes some fantastic eyeshadow products, so if you're not a fan of what Revlon has to offer, then have a look at some of the other brands!



Bourjois Trios // Ahhh Bourjois, my love for you can be seen in my eyes every time I come across you in Priceline. We all know how amazing Bourjois products can be, and these eyeshadow trios are no exception. I only recently started using these, and I love them! Unfortunately, they don't come in a wide range of shades, but the one that I own contain three gorgeous purple tones. I presume these eyeshadows are baked as they have a dome shape to them which most baked makeup tend to have. In my opinion, you usually can't go wrong with Bourjois, they always bring out amazing products! 




Maybelline Colour Tattoos // You either love it, or you hate it. I'm in the former category, but I do understand why some people don't get along with these cream eyeshadows. My secret? Blend as soon as you apply, as these dry in seconds. If you're looking for a good range of cream eyeshadows, then Maybelline Colour Tattoos are your best bet. They don't crease (on me at least), the pigmentation is out of this world, and when used underneath eyeshadows, they give a lovely metallic sheen. The shade that's shown above is "Bad To The Bronze" which is the most popular shade in the range, but I also love the other colours in the collection.



Elf // Did you know Elf is now stocked at Kmart? It's old news now, but if you didn't know, then now you do! I highly recommend you check them out, because their products are great, including these eyeshadows. My friend actually gave them to me as a gift when she came back from America, but ever since I got my hands on these, I cannot stop using them. These do tend to crease, but I find that when I use an eye primer then it lasts all day without any problems. These blend so smoothly, and they're also quick to apply since it's a 2-in-1 product.

So that's it! I hope you have a huge wishlist of products you can buy from Priceline and more affordable outlets, because they really do have some great stuff! If you have any recommendations then leave them below, because I'm always look for new products to try out!


Leave a Comment

  1. Great post! I have to agree that the drugstore is rather lacking on the palette front, though Model's Prefer brought out a new line of palettes, and NYX has some too! I do really want to try Sleek and MUA shadows though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX is amazing! I've never tried their shadows, but maybe I should get my hands on some! x

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the elf eyeshadows! I have a few sleek palettes and i love them x
    Emma | Everything Beauty
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, especially for the price! Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love drugstore makeup posts, you should definitely do more :) I agree with all your picks (well, the ones I've tried) and I also think that MUA is amazing! Their Undressed palette is the first palette I fell in love with. I would also say that the WnW Comfort Zone palette is a great drugstore buy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try more MUA products, as the ones I've tried are all such incredible quality! I've never beatd of WnW but I'll definitely keep a look out for them in the future! x

      Delete
  4. I have the glamour nights palette and Im always reaching for it, such good quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The shades are stunning and the quality compared to the price is remarkable!

      Delete
  5. I really need to get into eyeshadow more. Great picks!

    Melanie | melaniface.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried anything for MUA. I need to find their eyeshadow palettes!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely won't be disappointed! Let me know how you go if you end up trying it out!

      Delete
  7. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via Instagram?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via Instagram?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the Maybelline Color Tattoo! Amazing product :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I want to buy the whole range but that won't be nice on my bank balance haha x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.