The Spring Tag!

26 September 2014



I was tagged by the absolutely lovely Melanie from MELANIFACE  (her blog is amazing btw, so make sure you go have a read!) to do the Autumn Tag, but since us Aussie's in the southern hemisphere have long passed Autumn, I decided to change it a little and make this the Spring tag instead. Now, I'm not going to lie, I'm more of a winter gal', so spring and summer make me a little squeamish. Give me a list of things I don't like about the warmer months and we'll be here forever, but to throw a little positivity into the mix, today I'm going to talk about the things I err...love about spring and summer.



Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favorite seasonal drink from Starbucks or another coffee shop?
To be honest, I've only tasted Starbucks once (don't sue me!), but I find that Australia doesn't have this huge obsession with Starbucks as America does, so I would have to go with a chocolate milkshake from Gloria Jeans instead. It's cool and refreshing, and well....it's chocolate, so you can't really go wrong! I'm actually craving right now, so I may go for a sneaky visit to Gloria Jeans after I finish up this blog post. 

Accessories - what do you opt for, sandals, floppy hats, flower crowns?
I would have to go with floppy hats, but then I'm a sandals girl as well, so I guess both? I really want to get into wearing flower crowns so you never know, if you ever see me around with flowers surrounding my head, let me know how it looks, because I'm not 100% sure I can pull it off! 

Music - what's your favorite music to listen to during Spring?
My music taste doesn't really change according to the seasons, but I've completely fallen in love with Imagine Dragons. Their music is right up my street and I've downloaded their whole album onto my phone, so I highly recommend checking them out if you're into alternative rock. I've also been listening to Beyonce these days, and not just her latest album, but her old school music too (Crazy in Love anyone?).

Perfume - what's your favorite scent for this time of year?
I have two scents on rotation at the moment, one of them is Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture. It's a fruity scent but isn't overpowering at all which is why I love it for this time of the year, plus I always get compliments on it everytime I wear it out! The next scent is actually a body lotion which I've had for a reaaaaaaally long time, and it's the Kylie Minogue Darling body lotion, which also has some added shimmer to help make your skin glow (which I need). I'm extremely bad at describing scents, but it smells floral, which is perfect for the Spring time.



Candles - what scents will you be burning this season?
I didn't take a photo of this candle since I've ran out of it, but my favourite candle is from the most unexpected place, and the good thing is, it's really affordable. It's the Refreshing Berry candle from Kmart, and I believe it's $10, but don't quote me on that. It smells exactly as the name suggests: like berries. I actually burn this candle all year around, but I think it's particularly great for Spring as it isn't a very musky scent.


What do you love most about Spring?
This is a hard question for me, but I would have to say, the road trips and the fact that I can straighten my hair without the fear of it being ruined by the rain. Also, I enjoy sun from time to time, so that's a plus as well.


Favorite makeup look?
Let's get real, who likes applying heavy makeup on their face when it's warm outside? Not me. In the warmer months I stick to a really simple routine, and I mean it when I say simple. I apply a very light base of foundation and concealer , a shimmery blush and highlighter, a nice lip colour, and I curl my eyelashes and apply mascara. That's it. No eyeshadow, no Estee Lauder Double Wear, and no high maintenance makeup routine. I also find I break out less, since my skin isn't covered in heavy foundation.



What are you looking forward to most in Spring?
As I said before, ROAD TRIPS! I love getting with all my girlfriends and going for a long drive to the beach, or to anywhere that isn't close to home. Also, the fact that I can wear flowy and loose clothing, and not freeze to death if I do.

So I guess by the end of this post, I've come to the realisation that Spring isn't so bad after all. While the cockroaches and spiders will come out to play (not to mention christmas beetles, yuck!), we'll still be surrounded by beautiful flowers and bright weather. 

I would like to tag:

Michelle from IndieAna
Fatima from Lipsticks & Coffee
Varinder from MAKE UP ME AND YOYO

I also tag all of you! If you do end up doing this tag, leave a link down below for me to check out! A special thanks to Melanie for tagging me, make sure you check out her blog, because I know you'll love it! 

What's your favourite thing about Spring?


Leave a Comment

  1. Thanks for the tag, hun! Spring is my fave time of the year, warm, but not too hot xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I can't wait to read your responses! x

      Delete
  2. what a great idea to change it to a spring tag. I wish I had thought of that! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I loved reading your Autumn tag though! Especially since it's one of my fave seasons :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag Basmah :)
    Love your pictures. I'm keen to try out that berry candle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Fatima! You definitely should, so affordable and smells amazing!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me basmah I just saw this now on twitter that you have tagged me 😃 I love candles and how I don't have to layer up too many clothes in summer ,,,I'll do the tag once I have my data plan renewed it's annoying me at the moment I seem to be eating my internet plan lately ,,,lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time Varinder! I can't wait to read your post! x

      Delete
  5. I love Viva La Juicy to! It smells so nice plus the bottle is so beautiful. Thumbs up for listening to Beyonce! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for reading Kim!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.