ACONTOUR Palette

30 October 2014



If you love Australian beauty products, then chances are you have probably heard of the latest edition to enter our country. Australis just released a contouring and highlighting palette for a mere $16.95! Now, let me tell you how HARD it was to find this in store. I went to a million different stores, and finally spotted the last one in stock at my local Priceline. Good news is though, that if you can't find it right now, don't sweat, because this is part of Australis's permanent range, yay! I've mentioned before that I'm a total contouring noob, and I honestly envy those who can make bronzer seem natural and not as if you rolled around in dirt all day. I was originally looking into the Anastasia Beverly Hills contouring palette, but couldn't justify spending that much money, so when Australis released a more affordable version, I knew I had to try it!






I can't believe I'm admitting this, but it took me a little while to realise that "C ON TOUR" actually spells out contour (I know, I know, you are allowed to judge), so if you're like me and didn't realise either, now you know! Anyway, let's get to the good stuff. This palette comes with three different shades of bronzers, going from warm, cool and neutral, and they are all matte. There are also three different highlighting powders, ranging from a matte skin colour, a matte banana yellow powder, and a shimmery opalescent highlight. One of the great things about this palette is that there is definitely something for everyone, no matter what your skin tone is. If you have fair skin then you can use the bronzer in shade number 5 (the one in the middle), as it's more grey-based instead of being orange-based. But if you have skin on the darker side, the other two bronzers are so incredibly pigmented, that you only need the slightest bit for it to show up. To be honest, the one that I was most excited about was the banana yellow powder to set my concealer with, and it definitely did not disappoint! All these powders are buttery smooth and very finely milled, so they don't look cakey or flakey on the skin, and the powder highlighters blend in beautifully also.




The size of this palette is also a huge plus, as it's small enough to take with you, but it has everything you would need to sculpt your face. If you're a newbie at contouring, then Australis has given a guide at the back of the palette to show you where to add the contouring and highlight, but frankly, I just YouTubed it as it's much easier to follow. But not all is right with this palette, so brace yourselves. While the packaging is really sturdy and compact, I would have liked it to have a mirror, so if I'm ever on the go, I can just open this bad boy up and start contouring, not that I'm that skilled, but for those who are, it should be an option. Also, I find that the bronzers are hard to blend, and if pale skinned beauties decide to use the other two shades, I'm sure it will come out to be very orange. Now, I'm olive skinned, so the shades aren't too much of a problem for me, and if you're darker than me, you would most likely love it also, but I advise fair skinned ladies to add bronzer little by little. As for the blending, I like to build up my contour very slowly, so I blend out my line of bronzer, then once that is blended, I'll add a tiny bit more.

My sisters modelling debut. Here is the contour and highlight in action.


Regardless, for $16.95, I think this kit is exceptional value, and if you're looking for a contouring and highlighting kit, then I do recommend this if you look past those three cons. It's so nice to see more affordable Australian brands listen to consumers and create products that we all want and love, so good on you Australis! Overall, while the bronzer is slightly hard to blend, and the shades may not be the best for very pale skinned girls, they aren't factors that you can't avoid.

Do you have any contouring tips? Because I definitely need them!


Leave a Comment

  1. Eep, I need to get my hands on this! I know it's been selling out everywhere though - I'm so glad it's not limited edition! Even though the bronzers are a little sub-par, I definitely think it would be worth the purchase.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Took me so long to actually find a place that had it in stock, but don't give up! I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's amazing! Let me know how you like it! x

      Delete
  3. I was trying to find this palette last Friday. I will check again on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sold out practically everywhere! Maybe wait a few weeks and when the hype dies down I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on it!

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about this palette. Thank you for an awesome review, AND pointing out that AC On Tour, is a contour..um, I had no idea!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post, and also that I'm not the only one who had no idea about what the name stands for! Haha x

      Delete
    2. Haha I didn't realise either!!

      Delete
  5. Ahh I wanted an inexpensive contour kit for ages, but I've just been too lazy to order them online. So glad I can just go in store now (when they actually restock) :)

    Mel // izzipenelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! SO happy that Aussie brands are making these products more accessible and affordable for us!

      Delete
  6. Totally didn't get the C ON TOUR thing either... haha! Great review, I can't wait to pick this palette up! I love it when Australis do affordable versions of high end products. X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we should make a little club for everyone who didn't get it in the first go! Nice to know I'm not the only one! x

      Delete
  7. this would be a perfect travel palette! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great review. Finally bought it today at Priceline's 40% off sale. Cant wait to use it

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.