NBN Brush Kit

26 October 2014



Brushes. They can make or break your entire makeup look. I honestly believe that if you have good quality brushes, then your entire makeup look will fall into place, but on the other hand, if you have bad quality makeup brushes, you can be using a $100 foundation and it still won't look immaculate. Now, good quality doesn't exactly mean extremely expensive, I mean, I LOVE Real Techniques as you all know, and their range of brushes are affordable and well priced. But while I was at Priceline I came across the new Nude By Nature "Brush With Success" collection, and I couldn't help but be intrigued, and I knew that you guys would love a review so I decided to pick it up and try it for myself.






If you didn't know, I'm a huge fan of pink. So naturally, I really love the packaging of these brushes. The 12 brushes come in a pink brush pouch which is great for travelling or taking with you on-the-go, and it also doubles as a stand. Appearance wise, these brushes are beautiful. They come with wooden handles and rose gold ferrules (the metal around the brushes). The brushes are also synthetic, so they are completely cruelty free. The first thing I do when I buy new brushes is feel the brush hairs to see if they're soft, and these definitely pass in that department. You know those brushes where you just rub it on your cheeks because it's so soft? No? Only me? Okay, ignore what I just said, but the point is, these will make you want to do that. The brush range you're supplied with is great too. One exciting thing it came with was a fan brush and a flat-top foundation brush, which I was pleased with since mainly brush sets come with your standard flat foundation brush. It also comes with a nice amount of eye makeup brushes, in case you're a beginner and want some brushes to play with, so really, if you're a newbie, then these will work great in your favour.



Now, these brushes aren't exactly all rainbows and sunshine, and while they're soft and nice to look at, I did find that they aren't as dense as I would have liked. Most of the time, brush sets like these compromise on quality, and while I haven't experienced any shedding, I'm not too sure how well these will last once I give them a wash a few times. Another thing to note is, that when I first opened up the packaging for this product, it had a very heavy plastic smell, and while that isn't a deal breaker, it can put some people off. If I compare these to my Real Technique brushes, then I would personally prefer Real Techniques over these, but in saying that, these are definitely not bad brushes! As I said before, if you're someone who doesn't have many brushes and are looking to expand your collection, or you're new at makeup and aren't ready to make a full commitment yet, then I will recommend these! This was priced at $39.95, so for that much you receive 12 brushes, which is a pretty good deal. I also have a Revlon brush kit that I bought years ago for the same price, and I will say that these are amazing in comparison. My Revlon brushes shed hair like crazy, and they're also very scratchy, so this kit is fantastic.

If you are interested in picking these up, then I will tell you that these are limited edition, so go and buy it quick, because I'm sure these won't last very long. 

Overall, if you have brushes already then give this one a miss, but if you're someone who is just starting out, then this is a great little kick-start to your collection! They're gorgeous to look at, feel great against the skin, and they're also cruelty-free. While they aren't as dense as I would have hoped, and I'm not sure of the longevity of these brushes, $39.95 isn't so bad when you realise how many brushes you're actually getting (that's $3.30 per brush!).



If you do end up trying these out, then let me know about it, because I would love to know how you liked them! 

What is your favourite brush brand?

Leave a Comment

  1. I have a NBN brush set from a while ago & whilst I don't wear makeup that often, they've stood the test of time, although both my mini kabuki brushes have started to shed a little. I still like the eye blending brush from the kit I have, far more than I like the one in the Real Techniques eye starters kit.

    Outside of my NBN kit I've only tried RT (not that fussed overall on the eye starters kit I bought, but I do want to try the blush brush before I declare the brand overrated) & just recently Sigma (I like the eye brushes I bought, especially the E45 Small Tapered Brush, can't wait to try my F82 kabuki brush to compare to NBN - I have high hopes), but of course, there's other brands I'd like to try out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the RT eye brushes so I can't compare but your Nude By Nature brushes sound great! I would love to try Sigma but I can never make myself spend so much haha! x

      Delete
  2. wow thats an amazing kit for such a cheap price! A great range too. I've been eyeing off the Zoeva brush sets but I use real techniques at the moment.

    Melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it!? Ooh I would love to try Zoeva, their rose gold range is stunning! x

      Delete
  3. these brushes look so gorgeous! love the packaging but too bad they aren't as good as RT - wouldve totally bought it cos its so accessible. Great post btw! love how you focus on australian goodies hehe

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think RT are the greatest affordable brushes around, and while these are nice, they aren't AS good! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading! x

      Delete
  4. Ohh I love that the packaging of these brushes has been updated to a pretty pink colour! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty? I love it! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.