October Favourites!

10 November 2014



Hooray for November! Even though we're already 10 days into November, I couldn't be more happy. You're probably wondering why I'm so excited, and to be honest, I'm not entirely too sure. I always love this time of the year, everyone is feeling festive, the shopping centers are decorated beautifully, and not to mention, MY HOLIDAYS START NEXT WEEK! Meaning, I will be back to blogging regularly, yay! I don't have too many favourites for the month of October, but the ones I do have, I pretty much used every day, so you know they're pretty darn good.








Models Prefer "Day to Night" Eyeshadow Palette // Besides the fact that these eyeshadows are ridiculously affordable, they blend like butter, and the darker shades are so pigmented, you can probably see them from the moon. But that's not the only reason I've fallen in love with this palette, they also provide you with an amazing brush! It's so soft and fluffy, that it's become my go-to eyeshadow brush lately, the only thing is, I don't know how well it would stand once I decide to give it a wash. As someone who steers clear from coloured eyeshadow, this is a fantastic option if you want to go there but you don't really want to go there, if you get what I mean. My favourite shade in this palette is Overachiever, which is a dark plum colour, and I love applying this to my crease and the outer half of my eye. This way, I'm wearing colour, but I'm still not stepping too far from my comfort zone. I did a full review right here if you want to know more, but be quick if you're planning to get this, as it is limited edition from Priceline!
Price: $10



Batiste Dry Shampoo // This is probably the least exciting, as it is a pretty standard product, but I've really fallen in love! Despite the fact that I have to brush my hair for an hour to get the white cast out of my jet black hair, this is a great staple to have for those days your hair isn't looking its best (we've all had those days right?). I'll be honest, when I first tried this out, I just didn't get the hype, but now I've learnt how to properly use dry shampoo, and I would say it's pretty freaking great. It smells amazing, the packaging is very cute, and it gives my hair some extra volume. I do have one question for YOU, and that is, have you tried the Batiste dry shampoo for dark hair? I really want to try that next, but I want to know if it's just as good as this one. So let me know!
Price: $8.99




TONI & GUY Hair Meets Wardrobe Glamour 3D Volumiser*// As I write this, I'm currently sniffing this product because it smells that good. Sticking to the theme of volumising hair, this product works amazing for that purpose, I mean, it is a volumiser. It comes in a spray bottle, so before blow drying or straightening my hair, I just like to spray this at the roots of hair, and commence styling. The results? Hair full of volume! Also, it's a much cheaper alternative to the more expensive volumisers, and it's easily available. Oh, and remember when I mentioned that it smells good? Well I wasn't joking. It has a very citrus-y sort of scent, which I personally love, but if it's not for you, then you'll be happy to know that the scent doesn't linger.
Price:$15.99





L'Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer // So Summer is upon us, and that means that a primer is pretty much a necessity for us oily skin gals'. I have a couple of primers in my collection, but recently, I've found that I'm reaching for this one the most often. It smooths out my imperfections, makes my foundation last all day, and it doesn't leave a white cast on my tan skin that some primers tend to do. Now, I know some people don't get along with this primer (I used to be one of them), and I've found the trick to making this work. Use the SMALLEST amount, seriously. Less is more when it comes to this product. I find that the more you use, it tends to make your foundation slip and slide all over the place, but the less you use, your foundation will last all day. I like to lightly touch the primer once, and whatever amount is on my finger, I then dot on each section of my face. Let me know if it works for you!
Price: $29.95

So that is the end of my October favourites! How crazy to think that this year is almost coming to an end!? I hope you all have a fun and exciting November!

OH! I almost forgot! Lacee & Lattes hit 100,000 views! I just wanted to add a little message for all of you saying thank you so much! I'm so appreciative of each and every single one of you (even those that visit everyday but don't comment). I can't really explain my gratitude, but I'll just say that you guys are the best! So thanks a million!

What have your favourites been for the month of October?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.


Leave a Comment

  1. The palette looks worth it for $10! Glad to know the brush is great quality and congrats on reaching 100,000 views! I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! And thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy reading, it makes me love blogging even more than I already do! x

      Delete
  2. Yay for nearly hols! Great list, I'm intrigued by the MP palette...it sounds great and for $10 you can't go wrong. Also the L'Oreal primer is awesome, I'm definitely planning on buying it once I finish up my Arbonne primer (which is probably the best thing, ever) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I would love to try the Arbonne primer! I've tried the foundation, and I love it, so I'm sure the primer would be equally amazing!

      Delete
  3. I still haven't gotten my hands on a Models Prefer palette yet...I will though! Ooh, interesting to hear that the brush is pretty awesome too! Usually they're pretty shoddy :/

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't have high hopes at all, but thankfully it turned out to be really good!

      Delete
  4. Ohh great favourites. I picked up that Models Prefer palette but was going to give it away... may have to keep it for myself now ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it! Plus for the price, it's such a bargain! x

      Delete
  5. I need to check out that l'oreal primer! and yay enjoy your holidays! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! You could try and pick it up at Priceline's 40% off sale tomorrow for a good deal! And thank you so much x

      Delete
  6. Overachiever was my favourite in the Models Prefer palette too! I loved it so much I asked for the other two for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful shade! I always use it on my crease and it just adds something extra special to your eye makeup! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.