Favourite Revlon Products

4 December 2014



If someone asked me "if you could only purchase one brand from the drugstore, which would it be?" then without a doubt, I would say Revlon. I'm sure many people will agree with me when I say that some of their products are on par with high end, luxury brands. If I look back on my life, then I remember my Mum using Revlon years ago, and still using it today, so that says something. While Revlon isn't the most affordable brand of makeup out there, which does irk me believe it or not, I love how they have a wide range of products, and huge array of lipstick shades. So to make your life a little bit easier, here are my favourite Revlon products in no particular order.




Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara // I've talked about this before, and for good reason. I love mascara, it defines your eyes, it's quick and easy to apply, and it's a great substitute for when you're not in the mood to stand in front of the mirror for eons attempting to apply eyeliner perfectly. I'm a huge fan of layering mascara's, and this combined with the Maybelline Colossal mascara are a match made in heaven. This helps to volumise and lengthen the eyelashes, so you're killing two birds with one stone (hypothetically speaking). If you're not a fan of wet mascaras, then steer clear from this one, because it definitely does not have a dry formula. This mascara comes with a massive brush that I will admit, is annoying as you have to be very careful to not get blobs of mascara all over your face. While this hasn't taken over my beloved Bourjois Fantastic Volume mascara, it is the one I reach for when I'm running low on my holy grail.
Price: $21.95


ColorBurst Matte Balm // Jumping on the bandwagon of bloggers who have raved about these. I actually purchased these a little later than normal, but I'm glad I bought them. I have the original Clinique Chubby Stick and to be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan. It doesn't have a great amount of pigmentation, and it is definitely not worth the price tag. These Revlon balms on the other hand are fantastic if you're looking for a bold, matte lip colour that doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips. They come in three formulas—matte, lacquer and stain, and while I haven't tried the other two, I'm tempted to pick those up. These balms come in a nice range of colours, ranging from nudes to dark brown, so you're bound to find one that suits you. What I love about these is that they're long lasting and will stay on your lips all day, and when they do eventually wear off, they leave behind a nice stain so you're lips won't look completely naked.
Price: $17.95


Powder Blush // I know you're all sick of me talking about Revlon blushes, but they are worth talking about! If you've tried them then you probably know what I mean. I used to love my Illamasqua blushes to death, and while they are undoubtedly amazing, these are pretty much on par. If you're on the hunt for a blush that looks natural, blends beautifully, and doesn't make your face seem as if it has ten layers of powder on top of it, then this is it. The shade above is 001 Oh Baby! Pink, and while it appears to be a very barbie pink, once it's on the skin you're in for a pleasant surprise. This blush gives you a nice, natural flushed look and you won't have those terrible blush lines running across you're cheekbones. I have two shades of these blushes, but sadly one of the shades named Smokey Rose has been discontinued. But they have plenty of options available so all is not lost my friends!
Price: $26.95


Super Lustrous Lipstick // You knew it was coming. This could not have been a favourite Revlon post if I didn't mention their lipsticks. I love all of Revlon's lipsticks, but their Super Lustrous lipsticks have been my favourite lately, as in the summer time I prefer my lip colour to be more sheer than opaque. The shade shown above is Fuschia Shock, which is a cool toned pink lipstick that has a glossy finish, similar to the Revlon Lip Butters. What I love about Revlon's lipsticks is not only the formula, but the range of shades they have available. I mean, just the Super Lustrous range has around 50 shades! That's pretty impressive if you ask me. The Super Lustrous range is moisturising, and almost has a balm feel to it, so it doesn't cling to any dry areas on your lips or seep into fine lines. If you're not a fan of pink lipsticks, then you have another million shades to choose from, so do not despair!
Price: $21.95

There you have it, some of my favourite Revlon products. Of course there are so many more where those came from, but for the sake of this blog post, I had to keep it concise. What is your favourite drugstore brand?

Leave a Comment

  1. I love the original balm stains, I think it's about time I tried the matte version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to try the original stains, and their colour selection is so nice too! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm I want to try this mascara now! I've tried all the other ones you mentioned from Revlon and love them, but never that mascara! I dislike how expensive Revlon is in Australia in comparison to the US :( but what can you do, I suppose! Great post though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices are close to MAC, that's how ridiculous it is! Hopefully they'll follow other brands and lower their prices but it seems unlikely at this point :( I'm glad you enjoyed reading! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.