Hair Styling Essentials

8 December 2014


Do you have a hair crush? Someone who's hair you envy and every time you style your own, you're always hopeful that it would end up looking somewhat like theirs? I know I do. I actually have a couple, which include Nina Dobrev, Victoria Justice, Sofia Vergara, Mila Kunis, and I could probably go on forever. While we do need to take into account that they have hair stylists at their beck and call, it is possible to achieve similar results from your bedroom if you have the right products.



Now, I'm more of a bouncy-haired girl, meaning I love my hair to have volume and movement. I don't like it to be too straight (bad memories of having horrid hair when I was 14), so I usually flick my hair inwards so it appears that I've had a blow out without the aid of a blow dryer. Something we all most likely know is, that no matter how many products you use, your hair will not look good if it's not healthy. Meaning drink plenty of water, make sure your iron levels are fine, don't use shampoos with sulfates, all that sort of jazz. But enough with the rambling, since I'm sure you want to hear about the products rather than health drivel.


Batiste Dry Shampoo // You haven't washed your hair and your girlfriend calls asking to go out for the night. Disaster right? Wrong. Dry shampoo is known for reviving your hair after it gets greasy, but that's not the only reason why I love it for styling purposes. This is a life saver if you need extra volume stat. You can also spray this on the roots and tease the life out of your hair (gently) and it will stay that way until you decide to brush it out. Also, it smells nice, and while the fragrance doesn't stay unfortunately, it does make for a nice pick me up.


GHD Heat Protect Spray // This isn't new, as you've heard me talk about it countless times that you're probably tearing your eyeballs out of their sockets. "Again!?" I hear you say, but my response is: yes again, because it's just that good. Remember how I was talking about the whole 'if your hair isn't healthy, it won't look good'? Well yeah, lets just say that this product really applies to that statement. Heat styling is bad for your hair, I mean, we usually bake a cake at 180 degrees, so can you imagine using 200 degrees on your hair? That's why a heat protectant isn't something to ponder on, as it's something you must use if you plan to heat style your hair. The GHD Heat Protect spray is my favourite, because it isn't sticky, and it's a really fine mist. Not to mention it keeps your hair looking great for hours, so it's also an aesthetic plus! Of course this one is my favourite, but if you prefer more affordable options, there are other products available to suit your budget and needs, but hopefully this gives the idea that a heat protectant spray is necessary!


TONI & GUY Hair Meets Wardrobe Glamour Serum Drops*// Right, so you've protected your hair, got rid of the grease, but now you look at your hair and you think that it's lacking something. Shine perhaps? This tiny bottle that looks great on your dresser, helps get rid of flyaways, and adds a nice, glossy finish to your hair in an instant. You add 2-3 drops on the ends of your hair (not the roots!), and you'll have hair that Jennifer Aniston would envy. What's great about this serum is that it isn't as sticky as others, and one thing that I absolutely hate when it comes to hair products, is stickiness. Who wants hair that feels Clag paste? Not me, so I tend to stay away from gooey serums, but this one is quite nice. While it isn't complete sticky-free, considering you only use around 3 drops, it doesn't make your hair stick together.


David Babaii Miracle Elixir // While this product has a really fancy name, it's actually Argan oil, so while this oil is truly amazing, you don't have to go out and buy this exact brand as other brands—such as Agadir do some amazing argan oils too. This one in particular is my favourite because it comes in a no-fuss spray bottle, so I'm not left with oily residue all over my hands afterwards. Argan oil is amazing if you need to tame flyaways after you're heat styling, and I find that I can get away with applying it on my roots since it drys very quickly. Of course that may be different for those with finer hair, but regardless, Argan oil is a great oil to apply if you want your hair to stay healthy. Not only does it de-frizz, it also helps nourish and add life to your hair without weighing it down. You can use this while you're straightening to help give your hair a sleek finish, or if you're like myself, just apply a little to the tops of your hair after you finish styling, and comb it through.


TONI & GUY Glamour 3D Volumiser * // Spoke about this before, but if we backtrack and talk about voluminous hair again, this will become your best friend. This product is pretty close to having teased hair in a bottle. I'm not a fan of teasing my hair, as I find that I do more harm than good, and if you're like me, then you'll really enjoy this volumiser. I like to separate my hair with a rat tail comb, and spray this at the roots of my hair, and voila! Instant volume. Now TONI & GUY mention that you should use this before styling, but to be honest, I found better results when I used this after styling my hair, but to each their own. 

Baby Oil // Okay, I thought I'd add this little extra one here for those of you who really want to know the secret to perfect hair. I didn't take a photo because I'm currently out of the magic concoction, but seriously, if you desire sleek, frizz free hair, then pick up a bottle of baby oil. It's cheap and it's effective. I like to use 3-4 drops of baby oil and distribute it to each section of my hair, but as I said, this depends on how much hair you have, and the thickness. If your hair is shorter and finer, then use less than that, and if you have very thick hair, then use more. Once I distribute it, I like to straighten my hair with a comb following through the hair (does that make sense?), and believe me, you will have the greatest looking hair in the whole of mankind. 

So there you have my hair styling essentials, especially the last one, as that is a must for me. Basically, I don't style my hair without it. Let me know what your favourite hair products are below!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.


Leave a Comment

  1. Ohh I have not heard of Serum for Hair before~ ^ v ^
    Tony and Guy's drops have such a cute name! ^ 3 ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging as it's equally as cute! x

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the Toni & Guy Volumiser! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.