A Foundation Tip You Need to Know

20 January 2015


My skin is my worst enemy, sometimes it's so oily that I can probably make a cool living off of it, and sometimes it's so dry that no amount of moisturiser can repair my flaky skin. I'm not sure if anyone else goes through these skin issues, but I have a way to solve it. This tip is for those of you who have oily skin, but also for those who have dry skin, and ever since I started applying this to my own makeup routine, my makeup has never looked better. All you need is a liquid or cream foundation, and a facial oil.


I came across this tip from the amazing Wayne Goss, who's tips I swear by, because they always work. The man is a genius when it comes to makeup tips, and in his latest video he mentioned mixing an oil with your foundation. While he did say that you can use any oil I decided to use facial oil instead of olive oil etc. Now, I know what you're thinking, if you have oily skin, wouldn't oil just make it oilier? No, actually, the complete opposite! Combatting oil with oil helps keep the oil in your skin at bay (so many oils), meaning if you mix a facial oil with your foundation, not only will it look more natural, but it will extend the longevity of your foundation. If you have dry skin, well it's a bit of a no-brainer that oil will help moisturise and hide those flakes on your skin, so this tip is especially for you!


I like to take a pump of foundation (or however much you usually use), and mix one drop of oil, you can use any facial oil you like, whether that be rosehip, jojoba, chamomile, but please don't use lavender oil as that can wreak all sorts of havoc on your skin. Once you have the required portions, just mix it together, and apply it to your skin. Remember, this can only work with liquid or cream foundations, so if you use powder or mineral foundations, then skip this one.



As soon as I used the mixture onto my face, I found that my skin looked so naturally radiant, and that my foundation lasted a lot longer. Not only that, no more flaky skin! Definitely let me know if you try this tip out, and make sure you subscribe to Wayne who has a whole archive of incredible tips and tricks when it comes to makeup!

Will you be trying this neat tip out? Let me know!


Leave a Comment

  1. Ohhhh this tip sounds super interesting. I'm actually going to try this tomorrow morning before work and see how it goes... I'll keep you posted on how I go! Thanks for the tip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it works out for you, let me know how it goes! :)

      Delete
  2. Great tip. I have been adding a few drops of rosehip oil to my daily face moisturiser for awhile now and have found that it works really well for my skin. I guess adding it to face moisturiser or foundation would do much the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by facial oils which is why I didn't think twice about adding it to my foundation! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh very interesting tip! For some reason I thought doing this would make the foundation separate or something! I usually use facial oil in the morning, or mixed in with my moisturiser. It just helps keep my skin so hydrated!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all! I would never have thought to mix an oil with my foundation but it really works!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, thanks for this very helpful post, Bas, I so want to try it! Does adding the oil lessen the amount of coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't lessen the coverage at all thankfully! Let me know how it works for you, hopefully you love it! x

      Delete
    2. Bas, I tried it and was so happy with the finish! I just added a couple of drops of Jojoba, and even though I'd read your raves, I was still skeptical. Sorry, that sounds really rude, not my intention, I totally value what you have to say! My foundation lasted all day, the coverage was the same, and my skin glowed. Not an oily glow, but a radiant finish. Thank you so much for sharing this post! xx

      Delete
  5. I must have missed that video. I love wayne goss! Thanks for posting, I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His tips are the best! Let me know how it goes! x

      Delete
  6. I'm a new convert to facial oils. I use mineral powder makeup so I apply my facial oil first. My oily skin went berserk when I started using facial oil: massive breakouts! I was warned that it can take your skin a while to get used to the change. After about a week & a half, the zits stopped coming & my skin looked & felt amazing. I'd warn anyone new to oils not to give up if you get a few more zits at first - it's just temporary & the benefits are worth sticking it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.