A Peek Inside My Summer Makeup Bag

4 January 2015


Summer is well and truly upon us. I say this because it's 37 degrees here in Sydney and judging by the sweat beads forming on my forehead, I can confidently say that it's hot. When it comes to the heat my makeup becomes simplified. No more heavy matte foundations, or smokey eye shadows, I like everything to be light and fresh. For foundation I'll use only a dot on my entire face, for eye makeup I'll add a slick of mascara and I'm out the door. Today I'm going to show you a little sneak peek inside my summer makeup bag.




Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation + Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation* // Okay first off, you do not need to use two foundations. The only reason I use two is so I can get my perfect shade match, as one is too light for me, and the other is too dark, also, I find that these two foundations work really well together. I've mentioned this before, but I truly believe in the "less is more" concept, so you won't really see me rocking the Kim K contour and highlight as I think that's a little too much (if you like that, then you rock it!). I like to use a quarter pump of each of these foundations, mix them together, and sparingly dot my entire face. Then I blend it out with a buffing brush. Summer is all about letting a bit of skin peek through, and since I have an abundance of beauty spots on my left cheek, I like to use that as a guide to know if I'm wearing too much foundation. If I can't see them anymore, that means I'm using waaaaaay too much.


Benefit Benetint // I tend to stay away from anything matte during the warmer months, and powders generally make my face feel too heavy, which is why I opt for a tint. They look natural if blended properly, and this one in particular makes my cheeks look like I've been kissed by the sun. I like to apply 3 strokes to each of my cheeks and then blend with my finger. If you find that you need more then apply slowly, as this product is buildable. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, which is most of the time, I apply a dab of this to my lips to give myself some colour, and then I'm out the door!

Chi Chi Lip Gloss in Bimbo // Unfortunately, I'm not a 100% sure if they still sell this product, which is why I'm always so reluctant to use it as it as it is my favourite lip gloss and I don't want to run out. I like to apply this to my lips to give me a little bit of colour, and some full on gloss. Believe me when I say that this product makes your lips look amazing! While it is a little sticky, I tend to ignore it because I like to focus on the positives, and this product has a lot. I also apply this over other lip colours to give my lips some extra drama.


Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara // As I mentioned before, when it's summer time, I don't really have the energy to mess around with eyeliner or eye shadow, which is why I curl my lashes and throw on mascara. I know a lot of people have different opinions on this mascara, but I personally love it. The brush is curved and it gives me length, volume, and drama all while keeping with the natural theme. This mascara does exactly what it says, it fans out your lashes as the brush really helps get to all of your individual eyelashes. But be warned, if you have sensitive eyes do not use Maybelline mascaras, as they are the #1 culprit when it comes to allergic reactions.

Now you can see how quick my summer routine is. Some things I didn't mention is that I always apply sunscreen and primer underneath my foundation. As it's summer, you don't want to burn your skin into oblivion and have it look like leather, so you need to protect it!

So I want to know, what is your summer makeup routine?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. My summer makeup routine generally consists of BB cream, powder, mascara, eyeliner and a light lip color (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I'm still on the hunt for a perfect BB cream, so I might try the Asian brands next!

      Delete
  2. I love that line about focusing on the positive of products! Great post :]

    http://missjulziez.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always have to stay optimistic am I right!? :)

      Delete
  3. It's so hot here all the time! I just want to sit in the beach or in airconditioning 24/7.
    I would love to try that Benetint it looks lovely.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I must admit, I definitely love the cold more than the heat haha x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.