Affordable My-Lips-But-Better Lipstick

2 January 2015


I think the number #1 thing I'm always on the hunt for is a lipstick I can wear everyday, or in other terms, a "my-lips-but-better" lipstick. A lipstick I can throw on for when I'm in a hurry, and I know it won't look strange with a smokey eye, or if we look on the opposite side of the spectrum, a natural look. Many people told me to check out NARS Dolce Vita, so I went to Mecca Maxima and tried it out, and I loved it. The price tag? Not so much. To be honest, I was still planning on purchasing it because I knew I would get a ton of use out of it, until I came across an option that cost $4.75!




Raise your hand if you love Essence *slowly raises hands*, I know you've done a little hand raise too, because let's get real, who doesn't love Essence? I'm pretty sure it's the most affordable brand on the market that doesn't equal to kids play makeup in quality. When I purchase something from Essence, I know that I'm not wasting my $5 on chalky eye shadow, or a gross lip gloss. This lipstick was actually a purchase made by my mum, which I ended up discovering when I was rummaging through her makeup drawers, which I admit, I do way too often. The shade I'm rambling about is #07 Natural Beauty, and it's a mauve pink shade that will suit most skin tones.


Now, in no way is this a dupe for NARS Dolce Vita, so if you're looking to purchase that then by all means go ahead, but if you're just searching for a nice, natural lipstick then you'll enjoy this one. This lipstick is a moisturising lipstick resembling the finish of cremesheen lipsticks, as it's quite glossy and not matte in the slightest. The packaging is nice and simple, and in my opinion looks quite sleek. One issue I do have with the packaging is one worth mentioning, and that is that the lid isn't very sturdy, and will most likely come off if I throw it in my purse, not sure if I just received a faulty lipstick or if all of the lipsticks will be like that, but it was important for me to mention.


Considering this lipstick costs less than $5, it's pigmentation is fantastic, and the formula isn't uncomfortable or drying at all. They do have other shades in the range so if natural beauty isn't for you, then you'll find some rockin' pinks and bold shades in the collection as well. Unfortunately the wear of this lipstick isn't great, as I find that I probably get maximum 2 hours out of it, so if you're not willing to constantly apply lipstick then skip this one and find something more long lasting, but if you're like me and don't really mind reapplying, then it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Natural Beauty is part of Essence's permanent line, but considering the fact that they're constantly discontinuing products, you better pick this one up quick before they decide to take it off the shelves!

Have you tried Essence lipsticks? Which one is your favourite?


Leave a Comment

  1. This looks like a super pretty lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite type of shade!

      Delete
  2. I love that shade! I'm always on the lookout for like a kind of pinky browny colour but I just can't find the perfect one. This colour is lovely though.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Next on my list is Velvet Teddy but they're sold out everywhere!

      Delete
  3. Happy 2015 sweetheart! I'm off to my nearest essence stockist this afternoon - they have some brilliant stuff that's just come out lately (including awesome looking blushes) and I desperately need to find a fully stocked stand so I can try out these lippies. Thanks as always for bringing the latest goodies to my attention hon ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat! Ooh I've seen their new summer collection and its looks great! My pleasure, hope you enjoy the lipsticks! x

      Delete
  4. I love this colour! Will definitely need to keep an eye out for it...I'm looking to expand my MLBB shades for wearing to work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'n trying to find more options and I'm thinking about purchasing NARS Dolce Vita considering the fact that I'll be wearing it all the time! :)

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.