Rosehip Oils: Which Ones Work?

6 January 2015



I've tried a lot of rosehip oils, and I haven't always had the best experience with them. The first time I used rosehip oil, it didn't do anything for my skin. Didn't give a glow, didn't remove acne scarring and hyper-pigmentation, nada. The next one I tried ended up making my skin breakout, so I went off that one almost immediately. But after staying away from rosehip oils because of my traumatic past, I ended up discovering one that I loved, so the truth is, not all rosehip oils are bad, you just need to find one that suits you. That goes in accordance with this post as well, what worked for me may not exactly work for you, but in my opinion, these 3 oils include the best and the worst. 




Best: Kosmea Radiance 24/7 Youth Boost*
My all time favourite, HANDS DOWN (I wrote that in capitals so you know I'm screaming). I've mentioned Kosmea time and time again, and that's because they're my favourite skin care company. It's almost as if their products were made just for me. The Radiance 24/7 Youth Boost isn't just a rosehip oil, as it contains other ingredients such as pomegranate oil, seabuckthorn oil, apricot oil etc. But whatever it is, this thing works. Somehow all those oils combined give you the best results as I found that it faded scarring that was previously left behind by pesky pimples, it evened out my skin tone, and made my skin more supple. I highly recommend this one to all ages, especially to those women or men who find that their skin is losing its elasticity. I like to use three drops of this every night, and pat it into my skin after I cleanse. I then follow with a moisturiser and go to sleeeeeeeeep. 
Price: $39.95



Really Good: Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil*
Funny story, but before I recieved a package from Rosehip Plus, my sister told me that she worked at the factory where these products were filled, so she was pretty freaking excited. She also told me that they love the colour orange, which is cool because who doesn't love the colour orange? Anyway, this next one is for those of you who want 100% rosehip oil. No added things, just pure, organic rosehip oil. I'm always hesitant to try new skin care products that are sent to me because my skin is not my best friend. Thankfully, this worked like a charm, and my skin seemed to love it! I used this the same way I used my Kosmea oil. I took 3 drops and patted it onto my skin after cleansing, and I found that after a few days, my skin looked hydrated and just more alive. One thing that annoys me though is the dropper. Unlike my other droppers, this one can get messy as it isn't as easy to control, and the product drips immediately as soon as you take it out of the bottle.
Price: $19.95 - $29.95


Not So Good: Akin Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil
You might be yelling at me right now saying "are you out of your mind!?" but hear me out. I know many people love this rosehip oil, and judging by the rave reviews online, it seems to work, but it just didn't do it for me. Literally, it did nothing for me, I didn't notice any difference even after using it for 2 months. My scarring was still visible, I didn't see any postive changes in my skins appearance, and not to mention, it ended up breaking me out. I'm not saying this is a bad rosehip oil, I mean, if it works for so many people it must be good right? But it wasn't the greatest for my skin. One positive I will say is that it's readily available in Priceline, so you won't have to make any online orders, or search for it in a store that's light years away. Other than that, It's a big thumbs down from me. 
Price: $19.99

So these are the ones that really stood out to me out of the ones that I have tried. Whether it was because they really worked, or they really didn't work. Do you use Rosehip oil? If so, which is your favourite?

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. I love using Rosehip Oils too~ ^ ^
    Did you know that you can also get Rosehip Tea? ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't know that! I'll have to look into it!

      Delete
  2. Great post, I never really thought there'd be much difference with brands. I'm using the Sukin one at the moment and I love it...very affordable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I haven't tried the Sukin one myself but I've read some great reviews!

      Delete
  3. I have rosehip oils from a bunch of different brands I want to try out, but I never expected much of a difference! Great post xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you find the one that suits you, you'll fall in love!

      Delete
  4. Aah I agree whole heartedly with your thoughts! I haven't tried that particular Kosmea oil, but their other original one is up there with my faves. It's AMAZING. I had a sample of the Akin one and it was enough for me to know that I did not like it. Not only did it not do much, I felt almost like my skin was a bit clogged and bumpy when I was using it? Yucky.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same happened to me! I got little raised bumps and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Unfortunately my skin didn't love it too much :( x

      Delete
  5. I really love the Rosehip Plus one, although the Kosmea one sounds gorgeous!
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both up there on my list of favourites! x

      Delete
  6. Great blog, Maybe want follow each other? If yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    xoxo
    http://smellofpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly you've completely chosen to not only ignore my blog post, but also what I've written down below: "please don't comment follow for follow". I like to earn my followers, not buy them.

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.