The Best Eyelash Glue (It's Only $10!)

29 January 2015


I've only recently hopped onto the false eyelash bandwagon, and even though I don't wear them very often, I have to admit, they definitely add something special to an otherwise ordinary makeup look. Almost as if it's the icing on top of the cake. Now, it's quite easy to go out, buy a pair of lashes and put them on (not that easy actually), but even though they look great 5 minutes after you put them on, the real test is whether or not they last the entire night. This is where your glue comes in, and today I'm bringing you an option that is not DUO glue, and is also more affordable, so sit tight!





I haven't tried too many false eyelashes, and the ones that I have tried are all by Eyelure, and I found that their glue was really good. My eyelashes stayed on all night, and they felt comfortable and almost as if I wasn't wearing false eyelashes at all. The only problem is, that it's tiny, and they don't sell their glue separately like Ardell does, so I knew I needed to find a good eyelash glue pronto. Since I don't wear them that often, I didn't really want to invest in DUO as I knew it would end up going to waste, so I went straight to Priceline and scoured my options. To be honest, I didn't hear such great things about the Ardell eyelash glue, so I decided to go with the Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive, as I was also attracted to the applicator, because it's mess free, and makes my life a million times easier. Just like DUO, Revlon has a clear lash adhesive, and also a dark adhesive, so you're bound to find one that suits you, plus, unlike DUO, the Revlon eyelash glue is perfect for sensitive eyes, and didn't irritate my eyes at all.

Wet: Notice the blue tinge?

Dry: It's now clear!
Now came the hard part. I don't know about you, but I'm terrible at applying false eyelashes, and for some strange reason, I bought a pair with a very thick band and by the end of it, I didn't even care if it looked like a had a wonky eye. The good thing was, that this eyelash glue was so easy to apply and I didn't waste any product by accidentally applying a massive blob of glue on one end, instead, I just brushed the glue on and evenly distributed the product. The glue goes on blue and dries clear, so that's an indicator as to whether or not you should apply them (I usually wait 30 seconds anyway). I'm sure if there was a "False Eyelash Application For Dummies" there would be a whole chapter dedicated to this glue, because it's a beginners dream. Not only is the application quick and easy, but it also helped my eyelashes stay on, and if I were to sleep in them—which I would never do by the way, I would have probably woke up the next morning with them perfectly in place.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about how girls accidentally rip their real eyelashes out when removing their false ones, but you would be happy to know that while this is sticky, it doesn't rip out any of your own eyelashes, and helps make false eyelash removal a breeze. I purchases this for $9.99 from Priceline, but make sure you look around because you might just find it for sale.

What are your tips and tricks for applying false eyelashes? Because I seriously need them!


Leave a Comment

  1. Ooh I'll be trying this one! Honestly, I think I'm the absolute WORST at applying false lashes (they usually end up uneven with one strip drooping so much that it looks like I have some sort of odd partial facial paralysis!) but I think a lot of that has been down to the glue. I've been using the Ardell previously and I can never tell if I'm waiting long enough to apply it because it never seems to get to that tacky stage and instead just slides around. Thanks for the hot tip!

    xx

    Anastasia Amour // www.AnastasiaAmour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm really bad with false lashes as well, which is partly why I hardly wear them! No problem, hope this one works out better for you! x

      Delete
  2. Those Katy Perry False Eye Lashes look so lovely and luscious! ^ u ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Also very easy to apply since the band is so thin :)

      Delete
  3. I've never worn fake eyelashes! But I've always wanted to give them a go!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'd look fab on you! x

      Delete
  4. I'm about to go on the Eyelash bandwagon ! I actually rarely wear any eyeshadow and my go to eye look is just a cat eye with mascara but I was thinking, as you mentioned, that fake eyelashes will dramatically change my usual every day look to a going out look. I was thinking about the Revlon glue too (because honestly I have no knowledge about this subject). Your review helped me out ! I'm definitely going for it now !

    Dini - Wished Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could help you in some way! Falsies would look great with an ordinary cat eye, and you won't have to spend so much time blending eyeshadow anyway haha. Let me know how you like it! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.