Z By Zegna

13 January 2015


I don't usually write blog posts on fragrance, and that's because I always think "well, what am I going to write about?" I'm hopeless at describing scents and notes, but I knew that this men's cologne was an exception. I HAD to write about it because to put it simply, it is the best smelling cologne I have ever come across. No, I do not use it myself in case you're wondering, but if you have a man in your life, or you're a man who is reading this write now, then run and grab this right after you finish reading. It is so good that it has practically become a ritual for me to make every guest who comes over smell this cologne, only because I want to see their reaction of pure and utter bliss.





As I mentioned earlier, I'm hopeless at writing fragrance posts so I'm not 100% sure how this is going to end, but fingers crossed it works out. If you're man who loves brands, or are a woman who loves suits and ties, chances are you've heard of Zegna, or if you want to get really fancy Ermenegildo Zegna. They're a luxury men's brands, and this cologne is not far from luxury. While it is pricey, at $80 for the smallest bottle, it is worth it, coming from a woman anyway. The scent of this cologne is very masculine and woody, hence why I would never use this cologne even though I love it so much. It includes top notes of white pepper, bergamot, casoar fruit, and rosemary, and no just in case you're wondering, my nose did not pick all of that up, thankfully Google has all the answers (yay!) it also isn't strong to the point that it burns the inside of your nose. You may be wondering why I have a bottle of this lying around, I won a competition and this was a part of the prize and since my dad isn't a cologne wearer (he's the type of guy to take a shower and then he's out the door) he didn't really care for it too much. My cousin on the other hand did want this cologne but I refused to give it to him because I loved it that much, so he went out and purchased his own.



The packaging is very simple, yet chic. it has a leather strap going around the bottle and has the letter 'Z' imprinted on it. If I have to describe this cologne in one word, it would have to be classy. It reminds me of expensive suits, and fancy cars, so if you know a man like that then this would be perfect for him. Or on the other hand, you could be a guy who wears board shorts and t-shirts, but still want something to make you seem like you put more effort in, then this cologne would still be a great choice. You can purchase this cologne from Myer and David Jones, or if you're lucky, you may find a better price online, but I do recommend sniffing this cologne before purchasing, because everyone likes different fragrances and I don't want anyone coming after me with pitchforks and knives!

There you have it! I didn't think this post was too bad, maybe I might try my hand at writing about fragrance more often. Let me know what your favourite perfume or cologne is down below, because I'm always on the hunt for things that make me smell good!


Leave a Comment

  1. I love hugging my boyfriend and smelling his cologne, guys smelling nice is just super attractive! haha
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It ups their attractive points by 100 haha! x

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of very masculine colognes, so I might have to go give this one a sniff. I've only heard good things about Zegna so I'm not surprised to hear you rave about it :)
    FYI you did great at explaining the fragrance :D

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it! And thank you, I was kinda worried this didn't turn out very well! :)

      Delete
  3. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.