EOS Lip Balms: Definitely Not Worth The Hype

12 February 2015



If you follow me on Instagram (@laceeandlattes if you're wondering), then you would know that on my recent trip to Costco, I bought a pack of 4 eos lip balms. Y'know, those cute, round lip balms that everyone seems to rave about. Needless to say I was running around like a headless chicken because I was so excited to try them out, would they be better than my Carmex? I can tell you straight off the bat, NO. In an overview, I paid around $3.50 for a cute lip balm that did absolutely nothing, and this review will tell you why it's not worth it.





Now, before I get into this, it is worth knowing that some people do genuinely love this lip balm, one of my friends can't live without it, so this is just my opinion. I suffer from dry, dehydrated lips, so I need a lip balm that will hydrate my lips inside and out. Carmex does just that. It makes my lips feel soft and supple, and also works great over and under lipsticks. Eos did none of that. As soon as I applied the eos balm to my lips I knew I wouldn't like it. It just SAT there, not even kidding, it just sat at the surface of my lips and did absolutely nothing. Not only that, I didn't feel any hydration or relief like when I apply Carmex. Another problem I found when using this lip balm is that it accentuated the dryness of my lips even further, and while you can use it under lipstick, I didn't really feel like it helped with the condition of my lips.


While it did nothing for my lips, I can't deny that these lip balms look incredibly cute, so if you collect lip balms then you would probably love these. They come in colourful, round pots and they also smell and taste really nice. I actually think these are overhyped simply because of their appearance, because I've tried lip balms that are much better than these. The pack that I bought came with 4 different flavours — strawberry sorbet, raspberry, sweet mint, and blueberry acai. I did find that the sweet mint flavour was the most hydrating out of the 4, and the least hydrating was the strawberry sorbet flavour. You get 7 grams of product, but many people have told me that these last forever, so if you are planning to purchase these lip balms then there is another positive.


Overall I would say save your money and spend it elsewhere. Not only are these overhyped, but there are better lip balms on the market. While they look cute and smell nice, it just doesn't justify the fact that they don't do anything for my lips at all.

Have you tried eos lip balms? Do you think they're worth the hype?


Leave a Comment

  1. I remember when these were ALL the rage. I managed to get my hands on a few through various people going to America - I even used one completely up. But, I haven't used one in years after moving onto a different flavour and finding it did nothing for my lips, if anything they made them drier. While the packaging is adorable - it's also bulky and impractical!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I kept hearing how much people loved these but unfortunately they just didn't work on my dry lips. I agree about making them drier, my lips were in a terrible state after a 2 weeks of using these!

      Delete
  2. Ohh it is unfortunate that you did not like these~ ^ ___ ^
    They work on my Lips but I have to apply a couple of layers! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had better results as they just didn't do it for me haha, I think I'll be sticking to my Carmex! x

      Delete
  3. How annoying that this didn't live up to the hype -- they ARE adorable! I still can't go past classic Chapsticks for my lips.
    Brianna || http://extraordinarydaysblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had such high expectations! I think I'll keep them on my dresser just because they're adorable haha x

      Delete
  4. I haven't, only because I'm too in love with my pot of Carmex to bother. That said, I have tried Lanolips recently (the limited edition strawberry one) & that's quite good in terms of hydration, but I don't like the applicator on it + the strawberry flavour is non-existent once it hits your lips + it's more expensive, so I don't think I'll re-purchase. Carmex forever methinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Nothing beats the good ol' Carmex! Maybe I have such high expectations now because Carmex is so good that no other lip balm can compete! I've tried the Lanolips 101 ointment and I loved it as a night treatment, which reminds me, I need to repurchase that product!

      Delete
  5. Carmex all the way! I use lip balms constantly because I have the same issue with my lips as you Basmah. They get dry very quickly, especially in Winter for some reason. I've been using Carmex for a few years now and it always provides relief. I've tried others like Lucas's Pawpaw Ointment. It was okay but nowhere near as effective.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.