January Favourites

10 February 2015



 I haven't done a favourites post in a long, long time, simply because I didn't have any products speak out to me. Now, I only like to recommend products I truly love and use, so I wasn't going to throw in a bunch of random products just for the sake of a favourites post. But lo and behold! January was the month I discovered some amazing gems, and they're all products I haven't tried before — with the exception of one. For the month of January, I didn't have a huge variety of makeup products that I fell in love with, but more so skin care. For some reason my skin started playing up and wasn't cooperating with me, and the products that I show you today play a huge part in the recovery of my skin.




Kosmea Skin Clinic Rescue Body Cream* // My love for Kosmea has no end, and I can't even begin to explain how glad I am that I discovered this brand. If you suffer from dry skin, or just need a body lotion that really moisturises your arms and legs, then this one is fantastic. I like to apply this after I come out of the shower, and I lather this on my entire body, and it makes my arms and legs so soft. If you suffer from sensitive skin then the entire Kosmea range is wonderful to keep the sensitivity at bay, so say goodbye to body acne, because this body cream will make your skin feeling great in no time.

Carmex // You may think this favourite is boring, but it's something that I swear by! I have very dry lips, not sure why, but unfortunately I was blessed with lips that shrivel up into a prune by the end of the day. I always found that the lip balms I bought used to dehydrate my lips even further, and just used to sit on top of the surface, until I discovered Carmex. Bear in mind that I've tried the other formulations of Carmex and the only one I love is the original. Your lips can be as dry as the Sahara desert, but this will leave them plump and soft, and not only that, as soon as I apply this (cue a little bit of stinging!) I can actually feel it's doing something. Next time you're shopping for a lip balm, pick this up and I promise it won't disappoint.

Heidi Klum Shine Perfume // Celebrity perfumes are usually a hit or a miss. For example the Kylie Minogue Darling perfume is a huge miss for me, but the Britney Spears Fantasy perfume is a hit. Not only that, but scents are so personal for everyone, while I may love floral notes, someone else may love fruity. This perfume was a gift from a friend and to be honest, when I first gave it a sniff, I wasn't a fan. It was too musky for my liking, but then when I sprayed it onto my skin I fell in love! It's long lasting and isn't a scent that would burn the insides of someones nose. Let me know if you would like a "best celebrity perfumes" post, because hey, they're not all that bad!

Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer // I've already written a review of this product, so if you would like to check that out, then you can read that here. For the past few months I've struggled with oily eyelids, which by the way, was not normal for me. I've never had an issue with eyeshadow creasing on me so the shock that came with the creasing called for an eyeshadow primer. I found this gem at Kmart for $3 and boy oh boy do I love it! Not only does it last for yonks, it intensifies the pigment of my eyeshadows like no other, to the point where I was left wondering what I did before this primer came into my life. Also, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, and for $3, can you really go wrong?


Rosehip PLUS Hydrating Day Cream & Nourishing Night Cream* // These two products came into the picture when my usual skin care products weren't working for me anymore. I kept breaking out, my skin was dehydrated, and my makeup didn't sit right. To sum it up, I was a mess. I then remembered a beautiful package Rosehip PLUS sent to me that included these two face creams, and I decided to test it out. Because let's face it, my skin wasn't going to get any worse. Good thing I did try it, because these are amazing! They nourish your skin from the inside out, and not only has my skin cleared up, but the added rosehip oil has helped keep my skin soft and supple. I will mention though that the day cream is VERY greasy, and the night cream isn't greasy at all (shouldn't it be the other way around?), so when I use the day cream underneath my makeup, I literally use the tiniest amount.

So there you have my January favourites. Sorry this took a few days to post, my February started off completely hectic, but I have a lot of great posts planned! Let me know what your favourites are in the comments below!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.

Leave a Comment

  1. Kosmea is such a luscious brand! ^ 3 ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! My favourite skin care brand! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, and your photos are so pretty as always! I love the look of the Rosehip Plus products, might have to try some out! X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Bec! Let me know how you like them! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.