5 Minute Eye Makeup

10 March 2015


Raise your hands if you like to sleep in and end up running around like a headless chicken trying to get your face on in the mornings? I'm a very punctual person (I mean, get to my destination 30 minutes before I need to, I know, it's ridiculous) but even I sometimes turn off my alarm only to find out I overslept for about an hour. This is where the 5 minute eye makeup comes in. This is my whack-on eye shadow for when I want to look presentable and not as if I was in a complete frenzy, because c'mon ladies, we can do anything, even if it is applying makeup in 10 seconds tops.



The product that I'll be mentioning today is one that you most likely have heard of, and probably own. If not, then you can use your favourite cream eyeshadow in any shade you like! Maybelline Bad to The Bronze, who doesn't love such a versatile shade? It suits all skin tones, is a neutral shade, you can dress it up for after 5 by adding a little black to the outer corners, or you can wear it to work with a slick of mascara. While the formula can be hard to work with — as it has the tendency to become dry and grainy, I found that it works best without an eye primer underneath. Don't ask me the science behind that, I'm just telling you what I know. Also, blend as soon as you apply these, do not wait even for a second, as cream eyeshadows dry quickly and will look like a hot mess if you don't go in with a fluffy brush soon enough.

If you do find that you can't live without a primer as eyeshadows tend to crease on you, try applying a powder shadow over the cream if you have a few spare minutes, otherwise you can apply a very thin layer of a matte eye primer to the eyelids. Now, my eye looks tend to change on a day-to-day basis, if I'm feeling lazy then I walk out with Bad to The Bronze and a coat of mascara (I'm loving the Maybelline Colossal), or if I'm leaning towards the bolder, I-actually-wanted-to-look-like-I-made-an-effort then the best way to prove that is perfectly applied winged liner. It's completely up to you how far you want to take this look, which is why this makeup look is so great, as it's adaptable to everyone's comfort zones. If you're more daring than I am (which I bet you are), then there are so many cream eyeshadows available on the market in all sorts of colours, ranging from blues to browns, so you can pick and choose whatever you like.


So the things you must remember when working with a cream eyeshadow:

  • Blend, blend, blend! 
  • Cream eyeshadow applies much more smoothly without an eye primer (in my opinion, but if you have any tips for oily lids, then leave them down below!)
  • If you find that cream products crease on your lids, then apply a powder eyeshadow on top to seal all of its goodness.
So here is my '5 minute eye makeup', make sure to tell me what your routine is when you're running late, because we need all the help we can get! 

Leave a Comment

  1. I love Bad to the Bronze too. Tough as Taupe is another shade which you can wear by itself if you're in a rush, or team with Painted Purple &/or Inked in Pink if you've got more time. I don't use primer if I use the color tattoos either. I've never had a problem with it getting dry or grainy, but I read a bh review which said if it gets dry you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds. I haven't tried it. Even though it's for only a few seconds, I think I'd pop a cup of water in the microwave too, just in case.
    My 5 minute makeup job is much the same for the eyes. I throw lippy, watch & earrings into my bag or pocket & do them at the bus stop. On the walk to the bus stop, I plait my shower wet hair! I'm not a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try the microwave tip! My one tends to form little balls when I apply it on my eyelid, so hopefully that will fix it! I'm definitely not a morning person either, but I'm slowly training myself to be for work and university haha x

      Delete
  2. I love my pomegranate colour tattoo as well! They are the best cream eyeshadows :)

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are! And so affordable!

      Delete
  3. I love the colour tattoo range, they work really well.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.