My Holy Grail Blush

29 March 2015


I'm sure you're intrigued, because who the heck has a holy grail blush!? Well I'm pleased to announce that I do, and I cannot wait to tell you all about it. By Terry, just by the name it sounds luxurious, and why wouldn't it be, it was created by French royalty after all. From the scent of roses in every product, to the creation of the famous YSL Touche Eclat (Yep, Terry created the Touche Eclat!), Terry Gunzburg is a genius.While many associate By Terry as a brand for mature women, as someone who prefers their makeup to look minimal and fresh this brand is absolutely perfect. The By Terry Cheek to Cheek in Cherry Cruise is a liquid blush tint which gives you the perfect rosy flush to the cheeks, and while it does need some getting used to, once you get the hang of the application, you will fall in love.





If you're like me and you love seamless, natural makeup (if you like heavy contouring and makeup, this may not be for you) then you will become obsessed. To start off, let's talk about aesthetics. This blush is $65 and you can definitely tell by the luxe packaging, and honestly, it's one of the fanciest bottles of makeup I own. The concept behind it is pretty freaking cool, you know it's closed when the little glass circle is pressed down, and as soon as you twist the cap open, the glass circle pops up. But the nifty thing is — and since I'm a bit of a packaging nerd this really excites me, the glass circle is actually a button which dispenses the product when you press it. And it also means, every time you screw the cap on, it fills the dropper with product. Isn't that so cool!? I'm sure I'm not the only one who had my mouth wide open when I made this little discovery. The bottle is quite heavy, so if you're a traveler, then this isn't the most practical product to throw into your carry on.



Unlike the Benefit Benetint, this comes with a dropper instead of a brush, which I find it easier and more hygienic to use, and in all honesty, this beats Benefit Benetint by a mile. Since I have both, I decided to make a comparison based on longevity and the way it looks on the skin, and By Terry lasted all day in comparison to Benetint which faded after half a day. Also, By Terry is much more natural on the skin, and gives you the look of flushed cheeks without the harsh red colour that Benetint seems to give my skin. If you're someone who is more into shimmery blushes then this product is fantastic, because if you do want a dewy finish then just shake the bottle and it disperses pearlescent shimmer particles into the blush, so you get a more pink toned blush rather than red. So basically, this is a 2-in-1 product, and in my opinion, it works for all skin tones and skin types.



Now, I'm not going to lie, but when I first swatched the product on my hand I freaked out as it was so shimmery, and my first thought was "there is now way I'm going to put this on my skin", but this is a product that you really have to test on your face before you make a decision. The main complaint I hear from people is the application, as it can be a hard to apply product since it's a stain and it does not budge. The best way I found was to put 3 drops onto a stippling brush — which by the way, is enough for both cheeks (I learnt the hard way), and stipple it onto one cheek at a time, and blend in with your finger. The first time I used this, I applied so much that I probably looked like I spent too much time in the sun, so less is more people! Also, another thing to keep in mind is, that three drops is more than enough for my olive skin tone, if you have pale skin then use less, and if you are darker, then perhaps use more. So adjust to your skin tone and preference.


Like all By Terry products, this has a beautiful rose scent that isn't over powering or irritating at all. Now, onto the cons, and to be completely frank, there aren't many. I can say that application could be flimsy and I wouldn't recommend beginners to buy this blush as their very first, and also the fact that this is limited edition. Yes, cue the sad music, this means that I'm probably going to stock up while this is still in store. Overall, I can't fault this product. It's long lasting, gives a beautiful, natural finish and is possibly the best blush I have ever used. If you're interested in trying this out first hand, maybe ask for a sample at your nearest MECCA store, or ask them to try it out on your face before you make the decision to hand over your hard-earned money.

 What's a holy grail product that you can't seem to live without?

Leave a Comment

  1. My holy grail is Liquid Gold. Makeup I'm a high end butterfly and am finally learning that Priceline type brands can be good too. I was exclusively MAC and Chanel for makeup for ages. Fix+ is another staple, along with Face and Body Foundation.
    I really want to try By Terry, it's whole thing appeals. Maybe because I am old enough to remember my excitement to buy Touch Éclat when it launched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drugstore products are great, but to be honest high end brands are high end for a reason. You can really tell the time and effort it took them to make a product so expensive, and I think if it's something you'll be using regularly then it's worth the money!

      Delete
  2. Gosh it looks like nail polish! I have been wanting to try a really quality blush and one that's not a powder. So this looks like a pretty good place to start. My current holy grail product would have to be my Nars Contour kit. I looove it!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's gorgeous isn't it!? I really want to try Nars bronzers and blushes, so I'll have to get on that asap!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried By Terry blushes. I'm now tempted to search it out for a try however.

    My holy grail blush is NARS Orgasm. It's so flattering. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard amazing things about Orgasm blush! I have a dupe product for it and love that also, so I think I'll have to try the original! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.