Zoeva Classic Eye Brush Kit

3 March 2015


 Makeup brushes are the most important tool of the trade. You can have an $80 foundation, but if you don't have the right applicator to apply it with, then it won't live up to it's full potential. I've tried a lot of brushes, from Sigma to Real Techniques, so when these Zoeva brushes landed on my doorstep, they had a lot to live up to. And boy, they sure did. I ordered the classic eye brush kit from Beautybay after hearing rave reviews about them on blogs and forums, and I can tell you with full confidence, that these definitely live up to the hype! Oh, and not to mention Lisa Eldridge used one of the Zoeva brushes in her latest video so I knew I made the right choice.





First thing I came across when I opened up my package was the gorgeous leather pouch these brushes came in. It has Zoeva written in a muted silver shade and the lining of the pouch is hot pink, so if you're looking for a cute pencil case or something chic to keep your brushes in, then this is great. In total, the classic eye brush kit comes with six brushes — a winged liner brush, luxe soft definer brush, luxe smokey shader brush, brow line brush, luxe petite crease brush and lastly, a fine liner brush. All in all, a great assortment of brushes for someone who is just starting out, or even for those who have a collection of brushes but are wishing to expand. As soon as you pick these brushes up you can instantly tell that they're great quality; they're soft, don't shed and fit right into your crease like a glove. The fine liner brush is one of my favourites because it makes applying eyeliner SO easy, if you find that you struggle applying eyeliner with your eyes open, you need to get your hands on this eyeliner brush. Since it's bent, it really helps map out your eyeliner, helping it to look perfect and as they say "on fleek". 


The luxe petite crease brush is your standard pencil brush, and probably the only brush in the collection that I have a minor problem with. I find that it's a little too firm, so it can feel scratchy against the eyelid, which is why I prefer my Jessup pencil brush to this one. The two essential brushes —the luxe smokey shader and the luxe soft definer have definitely made it into holy grail status. They are so incredibly soft, and make blending out eyeshadow a dream. The soft definer brush fits into your crease, but is also great to give you a soft gradient look to your eyeshadow. Finally, the brow line brush and the wing liner brush, which I actually use for different purposes. I use the wing liner brush to fill in little bald spots on my eyebrows, and the brow line brush to line my lower lash line, and they work great for that purpose. But in saying that, they also work well for their intended purpose. 

Another thing to note about these brushes is that they're the perfect size, as they aren't too big (e.g. Jessup) or too small, so they're easy to work with and the final result is exactly what you expected. Since the size is perfect, they'll also work well with all eye shapes and sizes, and not just large, deep set eyes, so if you struggle with finding a brush that suitable for the shape of your eye, then these are the ones for you.


The brushes that I own come with silver ferrules, which makes them resemble MAC brushes. They look chic and expensive, and if silver isn't really your style, then Zoeva makes beautiful rose gold brushes as well if that tickles your fancy. If I'm honest, besides the whole pencil brush debacle, I don't have anything negative to say about these brushes because they are just that good. They look great, work great and feel great, and I highly recommend them. Whether or not you're a beginner or you just love makeup brushes, then check these out and you won't be disappointed!

Have you tried Zoeva brushes? What is your favourite brand of makeup brushes?

Leave a Comment

  1. Nice review! Have been wanting to try some Zoeva brushes ever since seeing some ladies raving about them on Beautyheaven and now I have my eye on a whole load of eye brushes, as well as some face ones. I'm not sure if I could justify buying a set as I feel that I wouldn't use half the brushes in it, although that Rose Gold complete eye set looks nice...hmmmm maybe I *could* be tempted into a set.

    I have the same problem with my E45 Small Tapered Blending brush from Sigma as you do with the Luxe Petit Crease brush - it feels scratchy on my eye (although soft to the touch), so I don't end up using it as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they may have been over-hyped, but they really are worth it, and what everyone has said about them is true! They just feel so luxe, and while they are pricey, they're still more affordable compared to other brushes on the market. Maybe buy an individual brush and see how you like it before you invest in a whole set :) x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.