The Luxe Eye Cream That Works

11 May 2015


Wow 3 weeks and no blog post! How crazy right? Apologies for the absence, I've been consumed with university assignments and work, so blogging got pushed back on the list of priorities unfortunately. Today I'll be talking about a luxury eye cream that my regional manager at work told me about, and I'm so glad she did. Most of you would already know that I've been blessed with genetic under eye circles, and let me tell you, they are not pretty. It could also be because I'm Pakistani, and most of us have to endure dreaded darkness under our eyes because of our skin tone. While concealer can only go so far, an eye cream is probably the most important product to add to your regime, especially if you're 18+, which is why I've been loving the Apot.Care Irido-Radiant Eye Contour.


Yep, I said it. You might be an 18 year old thinking "I don't have any wrinkles, why do I need an eye cream?" Prevention, that's why. I don't have lines underneath my eyes either thankfully, but anti-ageing creams and eye creams are supposed to be used before you notice the signs of ageing. I personally think older women with wrinkles are beautiful, as the lines are a symbol of the life they have lived (deep, I know), but considering I'm 19-turning-20, I'm trying to avoid the wrinkles as much as I can. But if I'm completely honest, it isn't the wrinkles that drew me to this eye cream, it's the promise to reduce my bags and I can say that it's slowly but surely working.


Packaging wise this product ticks all the right boxes, and why shouldn't it considering it costs $100. You press the top of the jar, and the product comes out of a tiny little hole, dispensing just the right amount of product. No bacteria, no wastage, yay! The ingredients contain shea butter and jojoba oil just to name a few, so it definitely moisturises like no other. My regional manager convinced me to buy this eye cream, not only because she has amazing skin, but also because she tested the product on my wrist and immediately I noticed a difference in the fading of my lines. My skin looked smoother and brighter, and I could not wait to apply this under my eyes.


Unlike most eye creams — which you can only apply on the orbital bone, this one gives you a flexibility of applying it all over your eyelid as well. Good news, because that means it's a perfect option if you have sensitive eyes (like moi), or if want to prevent wrinkles on your eyelid. This eye cream isn't thick and heavy like others I have tried in the past, and it beautifully absorbs into the skin rather than sitting on top of it.

Many eye creams on the market are usually made for those who need to prevent under-eye circles or wrinkles, but this one is especially great as it suits all age groups. If you find — like I do, that many eye creams give you milia underneath the eyes (those tiny white bumps), then I can happily say that I haven't noticed any reaction to this product. Believe me, if it hasn't reacted on me, then it's probably safe since I break out from everything.

Over the weeks I've been using this, I've noticed a significant difference in the puffiness under my eyes and also, the darkness has faded away as well. When it comes to cons, my mum finds the packaging a little gimmicky (even though I love it!), but otherwise there is nothing to fault in my opinion. Since this product does cost quite a fair bit of money, ask one of the girls at Mecca Cosmetica to give you a sample before you buy so you know 100% before purchasing.

What's your favourite eye cream?


Leave a Comment

  1. Ah man so disappointed when you said the price lol. My dark circles are also genetic and are the worst! I hate them!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive isn't it!? I definitely recommend picking up a sample if you can, you'll probably fall in love (which could be a good thing or a bad thing haha!)

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.